• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Connecting Rod Question

70rcode

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with quality compared to Oem or used the P5249898 MP reissued 426 G2 4340 forged Hemi connecting rod ? ..... From around '98 MP catalog listed as factory Street Hemi replacement/restoration 4340 upgrade piece...... Considering using these nos rods for 6500 rpm /550 HP cruise - occasional 1/4 mi runs....Are these as good or better than '69 factory street hemi rods ?

If you already have them, use them, I'm sure they will be fine. If you don't already have them, don't waste any time trying to find them because like most of the MP product line they have not been available for many years.

I wouldn't say the MP rods are "better" than 1969 OEM rods, but if you have a brand new set on hand....I would comfortably say they are 53 years newer and have not been previously wailed on as most of these engines have.

A good aftermarket H or I beam rod like Molnar, K1, Manley....or even 440 source, Eagle or Scat at a lower price point, is generally a good investment.....

Yep,...I do have a Nos weight matched set proudly labeled "Made in U. S. A. 8-11-98" & looking for any user info on how good or not they are.... They sure Look good !!

The reason I ask if anyone knows of any 1st hand experience with these '98 vintage rods is I'm not sure of their Vendor supplier....if anyone can identify or de-code Supplier # 43918, I would like to know .I'm sure Mopar Performance out-sourced them & for some time now "4340" has been used as somewhat of a misleading sales gimmick as these days, Not all claimed 4340 is equal or even as structurally good as the '60's forged steel parts....

Auto Transport Service
Back