• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey, another heater assembly question

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
My wagon. 65 Belvedere.

The old OEM heater assembly is in pretty sad shape So I bought a completely refurbished one from a 4 door sedan. I'm hoping to remove the old and install the new in one shot.

My question is, can I remove the old one with the dashboard still in the car? I just want to know if there is enough clearance to lower it and slide it out and then raise the new one in. If I have to remove the windshield and dashboard then that's a big job for another day.

Thanks for any help.

I did it awhile back. This was a non A/C unit. Remove the glove box and glovebox door. Remove the blower motor. Remove control cables and any part of the dash wire harness in the way. It's tight. Oh, and remove the front seat.
Terry W.

It's also possible to remove the front of the heater box from the body of the box, being careful not to break the flange. Then remove heater core which gives more room. You would do this when changing heater core in an roadworthy vehicle.
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back