• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey y'all. New to B bodies!

Alpha13

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an opportunity to purchase a 72 Dodge Coronet. I've always wanted a B body! I want to introduce myself over here since I'm moving away from A body cars and want to look a bigger cars. My biggest question for you guys. What would you pay for 72 Coronet running and driving. A little bit of rust holes at the bottom of the quarter panels but all together a complete strait car. I think it's a pretty basic model. Gold in color. The guy is asking $3800. It's a midwest car. I'm assuming it will need ball joints and brake work. Any opinions before I jump head long into my first B body? Thanks

Welcome to the site!!! Pictures would help a lot but you actually should start a different thread for that question.....

I'd keep looking unless you want a 72 Coronet for a specific reason. Aren't they all 4 doors? Not knocking more doors but you should be able to get better for the money. Just my opinion of course.

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome to the site!!! Pictures would help a lot but you actually should start a different thread for that question.....
I can go ahead and do that. I figured doing two things in one would be easier.

I'd keep looking unless you want a 72 Coronet for a specific reason. Aren't they all 4 doors? Not knocking more doors but you should be able to get better for the money. Just my opinion of course.
B bodies are hard to come by unless you want to spend 20k plus. I have kids so the 4 door would be fine with me. It's a mopar and the A body 4 doors look silly to me.

Welcome to FBBO!! "A little bit of rust"? What you're seeing may just be the tip of the iceberg! Not knowing anything else about the car, can't give you any opinion but you could try to find a rust-free sedan or even a nice wagon in the south or southwest, especially if you could drive or trailer it home instead of paying someone to transport it. Best wishes!

Welcome from the left coast. If its not a rust bucket or an ex stunt car, kids out ditch jumping etc, go for it.

Welcome from Alabama, if it's what you really want offer him half the asking price. The only way I would pay the asking price is for 1/2 the doors.

Auto Transport Service
Back