• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hood clearence for new intake manifold

superstock

Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
ive been trying to see if i have enough scoop hood clearence to run a single plane intake like a victor or indy with my car its a 67 belvedere with a modified hemi afx scoop would be awsome if somebody else has been there done that thing so i could be more confident about going for it if anyone could help me with this pics and sorts that would be greatly appriciated thanks again i feel i also need to say hello iam back havent been on here in a long time lol but better late than never i supose lol James :headbang::3gears:

Don't know if the intakes are the same height but a Edelbrock rpm manifold fits under my hood with 3.5" hemi scoop. maybe if you check the height of both that my help. heres a pic of how mine sits
DSCN0094-1.jpg

thanks for the pics are you running a flat base plate or does it drop down iam thinking with the added lift on your aircleaner vs mine i may just have enough space to make the victor work with my scoop i know from past experience with my 67 R/T i had in florida with the factory hood i was able to use a m1 single plane with no problems the victor is i think 1/2 inch taller so with the new scoop i should be able to pull it off it also maybe one of those things untill we get it on the car we will have to make the changes at that point lol

flat base,should wait until you get it on the car, Im also running a 3/4" carb spacer

Auto Transport Service
Back