• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howdy from New Member 'nm9stheham' in VA

nm9stheham

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Hello, to all! I have been on the 'forabodoesonly' forum for a while, as I was shopping for an A-body, but, lo and behold, a decent deal (I think) on a real survivor '62 Dodge Dart came up 2 counties away, and now I find I have bought into the B Body club! Well, it is all good in Moparland!

NM9S is my amateur radio call, and I drive a 2007 Ram Megacab Cummins 4WD daily and use a 2009 Challenger RT for long haul cruising, so we are pretty well Mopar'd up here!

My car background started 41 years ago, when a Navy buddy and I went halvsies on a '65 GTO convertible....gosh, don't I wish I still had THAT car! Went on to learn cars in and out, have raced in rallies for many of the last 35 years, build my own engines, trannies, roll cages, and suspension stuff and work on just about anything that I can manage at age 60 and with running a small business.

The new acqusition that brings me here is a plain-jane, '62 Dodge Dart base model 4 door, 225/, 3 on the tree. The neat part to me is all the history is known. It was bought brand new by an older couple, and then sat for 15 years locked in the garage after the wife died in '72. The 2nd owner bought the house in '87, got the car for free with the deal, and had a nice exterior job done fixing dents and dings with a good paint job. He has kept up and driven it an average of 120 miles per year; the car now has just over 60k miles on it. He has the original Bill of Sale for when the car was bought new, and meticulous records.

It'll stay stock execpt for safety imporvement like a dual MC, and my wife is asking about seat belts. I like the no belts originality, but she IS being sensible, doggone it!

If this site is as good as the A-body site, this will be great. I look forward to learning and sharing a lot here.

Regards, Mark Bowers

welcome to FBBO, from NorCal

Welcome from Minnesota.

Auto Transport Service
Back