• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HPDE at Thunderhill Raceway - Memorial Day

Superbeemike

Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
On Memorial Day, I will be taking my Super Bee out to Thunderhill Raceway, in Willows California, for a High Performance Driving Event (HPDE), and wanted to invite you all to join us.

HPDE's are open track days where you can run your car out on a road course race race track with minimal effort or consequences. Any vehicle is welcome, with multiple run groups, from beginners to professionals. Its a stress free environment that gives you a chance to play with your car without worrying about actually racing and risking damage to your car.

The event is hosted by OnGridTrack.com with minimal requirements. Main requirements are a helmet, tow points, stock safety equipment (shoulder seat belts), and door numbers. Magnetic door numbers are easy to get here (EDecals.com). Its a self tech inspection event so its your responsibility to make sure your car is safe. They don't check it. Sign up is simple through the website, cost is less than $250 depending on when you sign up. Hurry because the event has sold out int he past.

Thunderhill Raceway is in Willows, California, about 2.5 hours north of San Francisco, 1.5 hours north of Sacramento, or 3 hours from Reno, Nevada (where I'm coming from). The track has two courses available Memorial Day. The West course is 2 miles long and the East course is 3 miles long. The sessions will be staggered between the two courses which will easily allow you to hit both tracks throughout the day. OnGrid usually gets us 5-20 minutes sessions per track if there are no delays. Well worth the price. Here is a link to Thunderhill.com. Thunderhill is a great track with a smooth wide racing surface. Surrounding the racing surface is rolling hills of grass that are forgiving if you run off the track.

I'm more than willing to help anyone or answer questions if they want to attend.

Mike

Bee2.jpg Bee1.jpg

HPDE's are open track days where you can run your car out on a road course race race track with minimal effort or consequences. Its a stress free environment that gives you a chance to play with your car without worrying about actually racing and risking damage to your car.

Let's see if I understand you correctly????
Most insurance companies don't allow you to go racing. What are the consequences if I crash my vehicle, will insurance cover me when they find out I was on a racecourse when I trashed my car??

Its a self tech inspection event so its your responsibility to make sure your car is safe. They don't check it.
I'm more than willing to help anyone or answer questions if they want to attend.
All the more reasons not to do this! What happens when the numb-nut that next to you has bald tires and has a blow-out and takes you out, and your car. Or some other unforeseen like circumstance. What happens then?
Sure, it all sounds like fun, but the consequences far outweigh the benefits. JMHO

Let's see if I understand you correctly????
Most insurance companies don't allow you to go racing. What are the consequences if I crash my vehicle, will insurance cover me when they find out I was on a racecourse when I trashed my car??

Track Day Insurance

All the more reasons not to do this! What happens when the numb-nut that next to you has bald tires and has a blow-out and takes you out, and your car. Or some other unforeseen like circumstance. What happens then?
Sure, it all sounds like fun, but the consequences far outweigh the benefits. JMHO

I have to respectfully disagree. Its far more unsafe driving on public roads/highways with all of the yahoos texting and eating cheeseburgers while they drive. People who invest good money to participate in events like this are not your average tweeker running around town with bald tires and missing lug nuts. The consequences of driving my car on public roads outweighs the benefit of going out to get an ice cream cone at Dairy Queen.

Here are the rules for driving at the event. Rules for driving on the track - Point by passing. Beginning classes are point by passing in the straightaways only. There are no cars near my car while out on the track. Its the safest environment I've had my car in other that keeping it locked away in my garage. JMHO

Auto Transport Service
Back