• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB HURST 4084 4 SPEED CONSOLE SHIFTER HANDLE WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a Hurst 4084 4 Speed Console shifter handle.
Angelo aka Guido

4084 hurst inland offset shifter.jpg

Last edited:
Clarify your ad. Are you looking for the Inland shifter handle for a console to bolt on to the the Hurst shifter conversion kit? Hurst and Inland don't go together unless it's the conversion shifter by Hurst.

Clarify your ad. Are you looking for the Inland shifter handle for a console to bolt on to the the Hurst shifter conversion kit? Hurst and Inland don't go together unless it's the conversion shifter by Hurst.
Sorry Jerry and TY, IDK the difference. I just need the shifter handle with those dimensions, I believe the handle is a P/N 4084. I am thinking I should say console shifter and remove the word inland. Is that correct?
Angelo aka Guido

Sorry Jerry and TY, IDK the difference. I just need the shifter handle with those dimensions, I believe the handle is a P/N 4084. I am thinking I should say console shifter and remove the word inland. Is that correct?
Angelo aka Guido
I have plenty of Inland shifters and handles both console and non console. I was just confused by your initial ad. I don't believe I have what you are looking for. Thanks for helping me understand.

I see there are new ones available, any reason you just don't buy a new one? Or Are you looking for one with some wear and tear?

I see there are new ones available, any reason you just don't buy a new one? Or Are you looking for one with some wear and tear?
Hi, I am doing something custom. here is a picture of my current shifter in my 65 cuda. I purchased a Blue B body automatic center console with a tach. if I install the 4084 shifter stick, it should move the shifter into the center between my seats. [3.94" to the right]. Hopefully, It will fall where the top auto console plate raised hump is, I will then cut it, and add a shifter boot. I am trying to save some $ by using a used 4084 shifter stick and top console plate until I get it right.

Here's a picture of one I did for my push button auto 64 barracuda in gold, where I removed the auto hump on the console top plate and added a cup holder.
Angelo aka Guido

65 FLOOR SHIFTER-4.jpg

65 CUDA  B-BODY FLOOR SHIFTER NO TACH PIC.jpg

64 CUDA CENTER CONSOLE & TACH  VIEW.jpg

If you have a welder and can accomplish the task, you might look through the shifty doctor inventory and find something to modify like this. It doesn't have as much offset as you're looking for but you can control that.

modified hurst.jpg

boot covering.jpg

Last edited:
Understood. I searched and found a used one on ebay that I modified as per the picture I posted. That was for my former stock eliminator '71 Plymouth. I used a Hurst Comp Plus unit, made the adapter/mounting plate and cut/threaded some e-body rods and shortened an e-body tunnel/hump for the 'proper' fit for me in that car with a bench seat. Works GREAT, but as you can see it required the offset handle to get it in the proper location. Those handles have sure gotten spendy over the years! Best to you and I hope you find what you're searching for...wb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back