• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurst competition shifter

70sportsatellite440

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Need some help from the experts. Looking to buy this competition shifter it's got the mopar mount guy says it's for the A833 b body but how can I be sure before I buy it. I see it has the right mount....but will it fit a 70 b body non console?

Screenshot_20180911-211947_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180911-212227_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180911-212217_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180911-212208_Gallery.jpg

I am no Hurst shifter expert......but it does "look" right. It looks like it has the correct Mopar shifter mounting holes, the linkage rods/arms look like Mopar, and the shape of the shifter looks correct for a non-console car. I "think" it's right.

I am no Hurst shifter expert......but it does "look" right. It looks like it has the correct Mopar shifter mounting holes, the linkage rods/arms look like Mopar, and the shape of the shifter looks correct for a non-console car. I "think" it's right.
Yeah...so do i.....thanks. just wanted someone else to see it and say what I thought too. Appreciate your help

I believe on Brewers website they identity the shifters by the number on the reverse arm (not the linkage) of the shifter.

I think it looks right but I can't see the curve of the reverse arm with the pics for it to be mopar.

Where is the other stop? I only see one.
Eh, who needs those anyways? :)
I always just backed the dang things out of the way. I asked Dan Brewer about that one time, figuring he'd scold
me about it and tell me I was going to break something in the transmission.
Instead, he said as long as I didn't take a running start from the back seat when I throw the thing into gear, it'd
be hard for me to actually break anything in the tranny from just shifting. :lol:
Gotta love that guy. Such a boon to the Mopar hobby.

Give Dan Brewer a call. He's extremely helpful and probably can tell you what to look for in a nanosecond.

I believe on Brewers website they identity the shifters by the number on the reverse arm (not the linkage) of the shifter.

Here is the link on Brewer's page regarding identifying shifters the numbered shift levers are near the bottom of the page.
orderinfo.php

Back