• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurst Shifter Lever info needed

E Satterfield

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
I’m currently using the Hurst 4078 shift lever in my 69 bucket seat non console Roadrunner. This is what Hurst catalogs for nearly all B bodies.

I don’t particularly like it and would like to replace it with a shorter handle.

I initially tried a 71+ B body pistol grip and it hit the dash in all forward positions

It feels like I’m shifting a 78 F-250 that I once had. The shifter itself is a new competition plus with the 2 bolt attachment. Is anyone else using a different bolt on Hurst lever that’s similar in dimensions as the factory installed ?
Thanks. Eric

There's several different configurations for Hurst sticks. If you don't like the stock setup, you could try another one that suits you.

Thanks. Thats what I wanting to know if someone might have a part # and or a pic of something they are partial to.

Last edited:
I have a pistol grip in my 70 Bee and I dont hit the dash. Is your linkage adjusted right?

P1020780.JPG

I had the 71 Up (Pistol Grip) shorter style in my car to begin with not the longer 1970 style Pistol Grip This (4078) is what’s currently in the car and the length with the upward bend for the ball mount it feels like a truck. Thanks.

C1CF5C9E-CB62-4F33-A7BD-57EF0E1310C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back