• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need Christmas gift ideas. Post yours here.

SteveSS

Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
My mom is 92. She gets around pretty well for her age. Still cognisant. She's not rich but she's pretty close to it. I keep asking her for ideas and she says she has everything. That's probably true. I'm at a loss. The other is my new daughter-in-law. I have no idea what to get. Do you have any ideas? My daughter is easy. She buys the stuff and I pay her back.

Mom’s 92 and says she has everything already? Man, that’s a tough one. Best answered by someone who knows her well. Ball’s in your court man.

i too am getting up there and instead of gift's made in china that are so cheap and lack substance, the best gift you can give is take a day and spend it together

Your time and attention is something money cannot buy. Find a book she might like, take her dinner, and read her a chapter once or twice a week. Started doing that with my mom years ago. I'm now reading her Bob Barkers biography and she enjoys my visits and the BIG Mac I bring her.

For your daughter in law the very best gift is a well thought card with a plain ol'one hundred dollar bill inside.

If anyone in your family has a sense of humor, I found this book at target. Yes I went to target, land of milfs and yoga pants. I got it for my mom :lol:

AF009325-A29C-4C54-A215-446DEDCAD391.jpeg

Take mom to a store, Walmart, dollar store, PREFERABLE a old antique store; iow "fuss" over her, then a meal at a place of her choice. She will appreciate it, but she may not say it.
Mom is 79, no IDEA what to give her for Christmas & her 80th in March. Mom & dad (passed April) spent many weekends in Lancaster County PA: Lady friend & I took her up there recently, UNFORTUNATELY, brain farted, it was Sunday so most of "shops" were closed (Amish): will try again.

D-I-L Visa gift card, been doing that for over 10 yrs, NO HEADACHES TOO. :lol:

Go visit mom for the day, get on the Internet and go shopping, everybody likes gifts shipped to them.

There is one correct way to solve this.

Have your daughter take care of it.
Girls know how to handle this stuff no matter if they are 22 or 92.
Us guys on the other hand think everyone should be happy with a harbor freight gift card.

There is one correct way to solve this.

Have your daughter take care of it.
Girls know how to handle this stuff no matter if they are 22 or 92.
Us guys on the other hand think everyone should be happy with a harbor freight gift card.
Too true, men are too simple minded for Christmas shopping. :lol:

i too am getting up there and instead of gift's made in china that are so cheap and lack substance, the best gift you can give is take a day and spend it together
That's exactly what I was going to say. My dad use to say, we never see you enough. Not that I didn't go visiting, but I look back and really do wish I would have went move often. All I can say now is, I'm sorry..................

We just got a new German Shedder. Figured I'd get the wife a new vacuum and a couple of Roombas. Knowing how she likes appliances as Christmas gifts, I should probably get released from the hospital by mid-February... :lol:

Sorry, not much help here...

Auto Transport Service
Back