• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need some wheels, cragar, weld, centerline, whatcha got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyv

Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
howdy, scotty v here, i'm building a midnight express clone, just painted it saterday, it turned out realy good, especialy for a gallon of $27 rustoleum black, painted in the yard, i realy want a set of those cheesy chrome slots that came on them from the factory, but i've looked everywhere for a 15 inch set with no luck, so i'm looking for something chrome, like cragars, keystones, centerlines, telstars, welds, with big and littles, they don't have to be perfect, i'm building the truck just for local cruisenights, maybe 235/70's front, and 275/60's rear, 15 inch 5 lug 4.5 bolt pattern, in the georgia area

paint1.jpg

mid.jpg

Sweet looking Express clone, looks good in black and gold.

I have Cragar Super Stars on mine, i think they are the same as Cragar Pro Stars.
IMG_5220.jpg

the picture on the bottom, is a factory midnite express, they came black and gold, they were the same as lil red express but black, most came with 440's, not the 360 like the lil red, and they were only made in 1978, the lil red was made 78 and 79

pulled all the tape/paper off today, it came out nicer than i thought

mid23.jpg

the picture on the bottom, is a factory midnite express, they came black and gold, they were the same as lil red express but black, most came with 440's, not the 360 like the lil red, and they were only made in 1978, the lil red was made 78 and 79

Wow i never realized they made a Midnite Express, never seen one. How many did they make?

Scotty V,
Sorry I don't have wheels for sale right now, just wanted to tell ya thats a good looking truck you got there. I would like to build to a late 70s step side one day.
Keep up posted on the progress,
Jason

there aren't any reliable production figures on the midnite express, they are very low however, it was only made in 1978, most came with 440's instead of the 360, and some were 4x4, like the warlock, its the rarest truck dodge has ever made, i've had 2 real ones, but i'm building this one to be used for work too, and i wouldn't do that to a real one, not realy work, but my sister owns an animal rescue, and we need a truck to go and pick up animal food, and hay, and stuff like that, and i wanted something i could take to the local cruise nights also, although i built the balls out of the motor, its a 78 360 from a red express, rebuilt top to bottom, dyno'd at 393hp and 417 torque backed by an 883 out of a roadrunner and a dana 60 so it should be fun, i've spun the tires a few times, but it only has 27 miles on it, so i don't want to beat it to much till its broken in

I have 4 wheels with no tires i took off my RR.Chrome outside with a black center and cheap,not sure of the brand.Shoot me your email and i'll send some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back