• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wonder if my old Road Runner is still around, Midwest

Lee Robinson

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
I bought a 68 Road Runner in August of 68 at D.L. Miller Chrysler-Plymouth in
Mishawaka, In. It was a hardtop, B5 blue, black vinyl top, 383, 4 speed with
drum brakes and optional black Satellite interior. I do not know the VIN. In 1974
I sold this car to a guy named Rusty Ludwig. I had raced it and it had a vertical
gate shifter that was a pain in the *** to drive on the street. He rear ended
somebody with this car. I assumed it had gone to the crusher. He called me up a
few years ago to tell me his father had passed away. In the conversation I asked
about the car and he said he had sold it to somebody after he wrecked it. I was
wondering if it might still be around.

Don't know the car, but do know the dealership. They're long gone now but the building is still there last time I was in that area. I looked at and drove a new '79 Chrysler 300 at D.L. Miller's but didn't purchase it. Brings back memories! Rusty's father wasn't named Al Ludwig by chance was he? Hope you find your car!

Don't know the car, but do know the dealership. They're long gone now but the building is still there last time I was in that area. I looked at and drove a new '79 Chrysler 300 at D.L. Miller's but didn't purchase it. Brings back memories! Rusty's father wasn't named Al Ludwig by chance was he? Hope you find your car!
Rusty's father's name was Harv. Harv had a brother named Al, that he donated a kidney to years ago. Harv's wife was Charlotte and she passed away
before Harv. When I talked to Rusty his sister, Sandy, had also passed away. Rusty was the only one left.

Rusty's father's name was Harv. Harv had a brother named Al, that he donated a kidney to years ago. Harv's wife was Charlotte and she passed away

I worked with Al for years at the Bendix Corp in Mishawaka. As I recall, he did have a kidney transplant way back when. Worked with him in the 80's and 90's before he retired. Good guy, was fun to be around.

Harv was the owner of Superior Piece parts. My mother started that business with Harv and Steve Kratovil. One of the first things they produced was parts
for the Talos missile which was built by Bendix. Is Al still alive? I have lived in Ca. since 1975. Selling the Road Runner was my traveling money to come to Ca.
I may have met Al, but it would have been many years ago.

Harv was the owner of Superior Piece parts. My mother started that business with Harv and Steve Kratovil. One of the first things they produced was parts
for the Talos missile which was built by Bendix. Is Al still alive? I have lived in Ca. since 1975. Selling the Road Runner was my traveling money to come to Ca.
I may have met Al, but it would have been many years ago.

Yep, I remember Superior, I think we were still purchasing from them in the 80's I believe. I worked with the TALOS missiles at Bendix converting them to VANDALS when I was there through June of 2000. The plant was shut down in 2000 and no longer exists. City of Mishawaka finally demolished it after years of being unable to sell it. My Avatar shows the launch of a VANDAL missile at Pacific Missile Range Facility, I was there as a member of the launch crew for many launches over the years. As for Al, I believe he passed quite a while back, don't remember for sure when. Al used to create a Christmas cartoon each year and pass copies out to his co-workers at Bendix. Here is one he did back in 1988, he was actually quite the talented artist, this was all done by his hand. I'm one of the characters in this cartoon of his.
Ludwig's Xmas Cartoon 1988.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back