• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm getting ready to work the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb.

SteveSS

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
We had our volunteer meeting tonight. This is a big deal, it's the 100th anniversary of the race. We all got some cool swag at the meeting. I lucked out and instead of working the parking lots, I get to work the starting line. It is most likely going to be snowing for at least part of the race. That's not unusual at The Peak since it's 14,115 feet above sea level. Depending on the definition Colorado has 74 peaks above 14,000 feet. I let you know more later, stay tuned.

Here are some good crashes. There are several sections without guard rails.

Cool deal! Back in the 1980's we would go up Pikes Peak the day before and party / camp out, and watch the hill climb the next day.
We would camp out at Engineers Corner, just past 9-mile. Many cars would come in sideways or backward into the switch back (unpaved back then) and a few would go off the road.

My daughter and her bf were planning to go but found out it's sold out. Have a good time, Steve!

Auto Transport Service
Back