• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sep

Inaugural Ken Ganley Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram World of Mopar (Summit-Norwalk)

Never added an event to the calender before.... hopefully you guys can see whats going on, thx

Wow, that looks like a Great Event !!! Gonna check the calender, and distance, like to make that one !

I’m thinking about going.

looks like the only classes I could race in are No Box and Pro, neither of which I stand a chance in.

Is there any racing on Friday?

I’m thinking about going.

looks like the only classes I could race in are No Box and Pro, neither of which I stand a chance in.

Is there any racing on Friday?
Ok I see the schedule now.

Here's my FABO crossposted report from the field.....as I only could go yesterday...wont be there today;

I spent most of the day at Norwalk today. It was really good!
We spent most of the day there too, just spectating unfortunately, and I'm off to work this Sunday morning. :(

The weather this weekend is absolutely top-notch for an event like this....you can not ask for more.

Anybody considering it should go today by all means if you love racing. I thought the car show side and the swap meet were lacking.... but thats just comparing to years past. I'd say that's what happens when you skip a year. The car show still had a very even representation as always, and we even learned that they're making a Challenger Convertible this year.... I absolutely did not know that was in the works!!! They should have done it as soon as the second generations came out, IMO.

Racers were not put off by the fact that it was a Bader inaugural event. They have come out in droves!! The competition was awesome all day yesterday, and I'm sure it will be today. We saw a '67 Cuda (Wheatcraft??) bust a tie rod end loose coming down off his launch wheelie!! He did an admirable job controlling the car back down to a stop, preventing damage to his car as he was edging to the wall, and heading into the wrong lane. Luckily everyone came out safe and that beautiful machine did not suffer body damage. Looked like a "pants filling" moment to me!

There was serious doorslammer racing going all day, and very little track cleaning which is awesome. Track was well-prepped before the start of each major class event. Some classes were 1/8 mile but the Nostalgia and Hemi SS classes remained 1/4 mile.... great stuff. Many, many A, B and E bodied racers to watch, and smattering of other rides including a few Mopar powered oddities.... Anyway, hopefully, the first of many shows like this, and I think the Bader's would chalk it up as a success. I always feel blessed knowing we have two top-drawer tracks very close to me when so many folks are losing their local venues all the time.

Hopefully we will get a race report from Doug!! We saw him and his MI cronies go and win many awesome rounds!! The racing was just great, and the weather was beyond awesome for spectating....little bit of a cross-wind down and across the track. That '64 Bronze beauty of his is definately a crowd pleaser!!! Hopefully his evening ended with a smile??

Last edited:
I hear they lost the $1.00/pound of ice cream this year. This is serious! I have attended in past years, and there is always a great turnout of '62-'65 B-bodies racing and spectating there.

I hear they lost the $1.00/pound of ice cream this year. This is serious!
I see they have big "help wanted" signs posted all over around the outside of the facility. I don't know if you ever noticed, those kids worked their tails off dishing ice cream out of the big tubs of ice cream.... I assume that's part of the way they kept the cost down, although I doubt they made much money at the amount you paid versus the amount you got!! Now all they have to do is hand you a pint of ice cream, pre-packaged for $3.00........ I knew they were'nt gonna be doing that for a buck!! Still delicious, and crazy people are giving $7.00 for some of those at Giant Eagle lol. I'm sure you noticed they were getting $4.00 for a crappie bottled water?? Still bargain rates compared to Cedar Point for sure.

After 38 Years, Summit Motorsports Park Making Necessary Change to Velvet Ice Cream Promotion

Velvet Ice Cream Selected to Deliver by the Pound at Summit Motorsports Park
(13 years ago)

Last edited:
Stellar weather. The swap was slow, the car show small. Need to promote this show much more to make something of it. The racers are always there.....

In my mind, the biggest question is, was the super-hot blonde spokeswoman present???

Auto Transport Service
Back