• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interoir help needed!

SublimeArmyguy

Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Converting from bench to buckets and console in a 70 Roadrunner. Having trouble finding the bucket seats. Found some 71 roadrunner seats need recovered. How different are they and will 70 covers fit??
Please advise

The 71 RR seats should work nicely in your 70 RR. You may need to use the correct 70 seat tracks though....but the seat frames and backs should be the same, and the 70 covers should fit on the 71 seats.

I'm betting the hinge covers and seat back release buttons are different. They changed on E bodies from 70 to 71

I know 71-72 seat tracks don't work in 73-74 Runners/Satellites (They sit to high) But I'm not sure about in a 70??

I'm betting the hinge covers and seat back release buttons are different. They changed on E bodies from 70 to 71

DingDingDingDingDing, We have a winner!:yes: Covers will fit just fine with the correct foam, but you will have to run the 71 and later plastic rear panels as the hinge covers are part of the backs. The 70's have a plastic back and cast hinge covers, oh buttons are also 70 only.

The 71 RR seats should work nicely in your 70 RR. You may need to use the correct 70 seat tracks though....but the seat frames and backs should be the same, and the 70 covers should fit on the 71 seats.

Yes you will need 70 tracks.

Can I get the 70 seat tracks from year one or som where like that??

If you can't find a used set of the 70 B-Body seat tracks, Mike Ross at B/E&A Restoration Parts is reproducing them.

Richard

Part # 1840-STSET $350.00

70 B-Body seat track kit.

BEApart1840-STSET-1970B-Bodyseattra.gif

B/E&A Restoration Parts Inc
Michael Ross - owner
699 West Liberty Street
Medina, OH 44256

Phone: 330-725-3990
Fax: 330-241-4922

Web site: www.beaparts.com
E-mail: [email protected]

I will once i have the buckets working. Its in really bad shape.

yes the weather here is rain and snow be a week before I pull it out.

make sure you put the reinforcement plates on the floor pans for inner seat track or the floor will split .

make sure you put the reinforcement plates on the floor pans for inner seat track or the floor will split .

Just asking for clarification. Do these plates go inside or on the bottom of floor (exterior)? :edgy:

Auto Transport Service
Back