• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intro

Boru101911

Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, not sure how active folks are on this forum nowadays, I have had the pleasure of taking care of a nice 1968 Charger, and just picked up a 1968 upper-lower-middle option Belvedere Satellite all original unrestored white on red on white no rust desert complete, everything works and is in killer shape car amazingly. Originally a 318 now with a 440, and 4:10 ish sure grip. Im rolling around the idea of just going for it and throwing in an SST 5-speed TKX package and a stout small block for the sleeper look, plenty of power, less weight, and it would look great with a red engine in the bay to match the interior. Kind of like the white Pure Vision Charger what if car, except instead of Nascar, it will be a "What if Plymouth lost their minds and sent a Satellite to race in Trans-Am?" What y'all think? Planning on a cut and buff to the paint, patina, and laying down some offset red and maybe gold or silver racing stripes on stock hood again kinda like charger pictured, under clear. The paint is nicer than in photos, that was before I washed it, it is actually glossy and flat most places. Unfortunate front and rear bumper tweaks....will probably go glass anyways. Let me know what you guys think the perfect combo might be for it!

Hi all, not sure how active folks are on this forum nowadays, I have had the pleasure of taking care of a nice 1968 Charger, and just picked up a 1968 upper-lower-middle option Belvedere Satellite all original unrestored white on red on white no rust desert complete, everything works and is in killer shape car amazingly. Originally a 318 now with a 440, and 4:10 ish sure grip. Im rolling around the idea of just going for it and throwing in an SST 5-speed TKX package and a stout small block for the sleeper look, plenty of power, less weight, and it would look great with a red engine in the bay to match the interior. Kind of like the white Pure Vision Charger what if car, except instead of Nascar, it will be a "What if Plymouth lost their minds and sent a Satellite to race in Trans-Am?" What y'all think? Planning on a cut and buff to the paint, patina, and laying down some offset red and maybe gold or silver racing stripes on stock hood again kinda like charger pictured, under clear. The paint is nicer than in photos, that was before I washed it, it is actually glossy and flat most places. Unfortunate front and rear bumper tweaks....will probably go glass anyways. Let me know what you guys think the perfect combo might be for it!
Which is it, a belvedere or a satellite? They are two different models.

Auto Transport Service
Back