• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction

ImRightHere

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I decided to finally stop being a lurker and create an account. I bought my 66 Coronet 14 years ago. It was being parked at my aunts house and the owner would come get it to drive on the weekends. At some point, the bulkhead wiring caught on fire and the car and stranded the car. The owner ended up passing away before repairing the wiring and the car sat under a tree for years. Eventually the family member who inherited the car decided to move out of state and sold the car to me.

I'm sure many of you have heard this part of the story many times. Once I got it home, I got the car running, but only well enough to drive around the neighborhood. I was younger and dumber and was talked into stripping it down to "restore it". So I started disassembly in my parents garage and after taking it apart and picking away at a few things, life hit me (wife, house, kids) and the car sat untouched for a decade. I now have my own garage and after getting settled in, I started working on getting wheels back under the car. The Coronet is now in my garage and I'm in a spot in life where can work on it again.

Here's a pic from when I pulled it out from under the tree.

1695480573032.jpeg

Here's one taken this morning.

1695480793801.jpeg

Welcome from Illinois!! Hope you still have all the parts and can make it like new again. Keep us posted.

welcome to FBBO nice looking Coronet project keep us posted

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. That looks like a very solid project. Have fun with it. I have a 1967 Coronet.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. My 65 is in a similar state as yours.

IMG_3549.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

Welcome! It looked pretty good after being pulled out from under the tree. Shouldn't be a hard task to restore.

Welcome from Alabama, nice project. Start a build thread, we will be able to follow and you will have a great history on project.

Welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back