• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there still a National HEMI owners Assn. or a registry?

In the early '80s, one of my friends had a '67 Mustang fastback with a 427 and a 4-speed. It was kandy tangerine. Great color! That car was damn fast, too.

NOHA is no longer in existence. There is a new england club NeHOA active around 285 members. Richard Cranium was president.

NHOA is active on Facebook, quite a few old names are there. When I look back at my old newsletters I wish I had borrowed money and bought every single car ever listed for sale in it.

NHOA is active on Facebook, quite a few old names are there. When I look back at my old newsletters I wish I had borrowed money and bought every single car ever listed for sale in it.
The $5500 white Hemi Cuda convertible in Florida was a hell of a score.

I remember 66-67 bodies for under $1000. Probably in good condition too. Back then I thought traveling 1000 miles to buy a car would be crazy, I know better now.

I believe the first NHOA meet was in 77 in Tulsa Oklahoma. I had heard about it somehow and decided to go, even though I was told it was a 'closed' meet, i.e. participants only, no spectators. Decided to go anyway and try to wrangle my way in.
To my surprise, as I got to the gate of the dragstrip, the fellow, seeing my (383) RoadRunner, apparently assumed I belonged there and waved me right in. :)
I didnt take any photos, but have found a few on the web of that event. Still have a couple of Mr Osborne's business cards I believe; one, being the only slip of 'paper' in my billfold at the time, has Dean Torrance's [dean of Jan & Dean] autograph on it...
69744413_2466650166990456_6270106386703802402_n.jpg

Our old local club, Roanoke Valley Mopar Club, based in Roanoke Virginia, hosted the east coast NHOA meet in conjunction with our pretty large annual local MOPAR car show. I can't remember exactly, but this was sometime in the 1987 to 1990 timeline. There were some seminars held at a local hotel where many participants stayed. I was always super impressed, and in awe, that there was one guy that actually STREET DROVE his white 1967 original Coronet HEMI car from Colorado to Virginia just for our car show! Well over 2000 miles if I remember corrrect..

Im on the Facebook NHOA members facebook page
There has been talk about some kind of hemi owners meet

Outside of Facebook I dont think anything exists for the NHOA any longer

Auto Transport Service
Back