• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ISO Bubble Flare tool?

twinscrew698

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
I am going to redo the lines on my Daily Driver and wondering what ISO Bubble flare tool does a good job for a home mechanic w/o breaking the bank?
What is your suggestion?

Cranky thank for the post I was looking for some advice on flaring and this is very helpful for the brakes and fuel lines on my resto

I am going to redo the lines on my Daily Driver and wondering what ISO Bubble flare tool does a good job for a home mechanic w/o breaking the bank?
What is your suggestion?

Cranky thank for the post I was looking for some advice on flaring and this is very helpful for the brakes and fuel lines on my resto

Cranky and twinscrew

Yes some later cars use bubble flairing on the brake lines, here are some sites.

Hope this will help
Jeff

https://www.google.com/#q=bubble+flaring+tool+set

When I replaced the brake lines on my 97 Dakota I couldn't find the correct bubble flare lines at the auto parts stores. I ended up using 12" sections w/ bubble on one end and double flare on the other. I then made a piece of double flare to go between the 2 with couplings. PIA, but only way to get it done on short notice, planned on a 1/2 day affair, ened up chasing parts for 1/2 day, then installing another 4 hours. After everthing was done and no leaks, I sprayed the lines w/ rubberized undercoating to try to make them last more than a couple winters.....

Eastwood has a tool that does all the flares, I mean all!!

When you buy your lines and or fitting from the local big box..check on their tool loan program...most have the double flare took kits available for you at zero cost...just pay the cost by deposit..get your money back when you return the tool

I want to thank all that replied and was hoping someone would chime in on what they have used.
And bigaadams i did check on that one from eastwood that one would be ideal but for me that only would use it maybe once a year and have to look at justifying the price for using once a year.
But neat tool and foolproof and that is what i had in mind.
Thanks to all that replied i have an idea on which way to go.

twinscrew698..I do not follow your post...I made no mention of anything Eastwood...nor did I mention price except the deposit incurred when "borrowing" a tool from your local supplier...I have used the 'tool borrow' from the locals as at the time I had misplaced one of my double flare inserts...worked for me..I did later find my button for my set..but using their's did not slow me or the project down...good program really

I had to make new lines for my 98 ram 1500 from the master to the antilock unit . It had the bubble end. The tool that makes the inverted flair Will also make the bubble ! You just skip the last stage with the pointed end that rolls the flair down in. Made all mine and it worked great !

twinscrew698..I do not follow your post...I made no mention of anything Eastwood...nor did I mention price except the deposit incurred when "borrowing" a tool from your local supplier...I have used the 'tool borrow' from the locals as at the time I had misplaced one of my double flare inserts...worked for me..I did later find my button for my set..but using their's did not slow me or the project down...good program really
My bad the comment should have went to 5.7 hemi.
I did check out the loaner tools and they had the same stuff that i had for what it is worth i ended up finding out a friend had a Mastercool 71475 unit and that thing was awesome to use on and off the car w/o a vise so i was able to borrow his.
Done the flares one time without having to redo any as that is what i wanted.
Tool was kinda not cheap but for him to let me borrow it makes me want one.
Thanks all for your input i really appreciate it.

Auto Transport Service
Back