• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It happened again today - and I am humbled yet again

Hi Ed. I just want to thank you for sharing your life with us. You have a fantastic way of making your words paint pictures. I’ve been reading your post for 4-5 years? And just wanted you to know how much I enjoy them and am very happy you are doing well. Thanks and God bless you. Mike
Mercy...if this was in person right now, I'd be the one stammering, stuttering and staring at his feet for the lack
of words. Such very kind and humbling words...
Thank you and God bless you and yours, Mike!

Thanks for being there for your friend, Ed. You always have a way with words, and I love your stories. Some things happen for a reason. Well done Ed.

Thanks for being there for your friend, Ed. You always have a way with words, and I love your stories. Some things happen for a reason. Well done Ed.
Thank you kindly, sir. Yeah, not bad for a worn out old sprinkler guy eh? :)

Amen to all you guys. It nice to hear the story Ed. God bless you ! To all who have read Ed's story and all your comments made me feel good to know there are still people who care about our fellow man. God bless you all.

Absolutely - and now since most all of my own family are gone, I am left with a whole lot of
empty and a lot of regrets that "I shoulda, I woulda, I coulda's".
I wasn't the best son, brother, husband...I could have done so much better at it, but the fact I miss them all
so dearly tells me that at least I must have wanted to be, anyways. I guess?
Ed-
You and I have never met in person, but I can tell from many miles away after reading your writings, that you are a good man with a good heart. I am certain your mother and father, brother and wife would agree.
No more regrets my friend, just be the person the lord made you to be, and please keep writing your wonderful stories. They make me a better man.

Ed-
You and I have never met in person, but I can tell from many miles away after reading your writings, that you are a good man with a good heart. I am certain your mother and father, brother and wife would agree.
No more regrets my friend, just be the person the lord made you to be, and please keep writing your wonderful stories. They make me a better man.
Thank you my friend, but I'm not really. Lots of ways, I'm still a work in progress - and they aren't making
the parts needed for repair anymore, if you know what I mean. :)

For example, my wife is fond of bringing up my inability to tolerate (typically young) arrogant, yet clueless, folks.
She likes to paraphrase that old St. Paul (and later, Shakespeare) phrase about not being able to suffer fools
gladly.
Guilty as charged; there's just something about a young smart mouth that gets me rankled...

Had one on the phone just this week for work that started trying to instruct me on my job - up until that point,
I was the usual passive/not really listening other end of the phone - until she started that crap up.
Without even thinking, my reaction was swift, condescending and stern:
"I've been in this business over 40 years now, young lady. All facets of it.
Just what do you think you can tell me about it that I don't already know?"
Well, I knew the moment I said it and the line went quiet that there would be repercussions....
and there was, later.

Here's the thing though: even though she had it coming, I should have been the bigger man then.
Instead, my inner asshole kicked in reflexivly and rather than throttle it a little, went full nuke from the word go.
Yeah, I got some work to do...

Thank you all for your kind words as always. I'll try to live up to them! :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, but I'm not really. Lots of ways, I'm still a work in progress - and they aren't making
the parts needed for repair anymore, if you know what I mean. :)

For example, my wife is fond of bringing up my inability to tolerate (typically young) arrogant, yet clueless, folks.
She likes to paraphrase that old St. Paul (and later, Shakespeare) phrase about not being able to suffer fools
gladly.
Guilty as charged; there's just something about a young smart mouth that gets me rankled...

Had one on the phone just this week for work that started trying to instruct me on my job - up until that point,
I was the usual passive/not really listening other end of the phone - until she started that crap up.
Without even thinking, my reaction was swift, condescending and stern:
"I've been in this business over 40 years now, young lady. All facets of it.
Just what do you think you can tell me about it that I don't already know?"
Well, I knew the moment I said it and the line went quiet that there would be repercussions....
and there was, later.

Here's the thing though: even though she had it coming, I should have been the bigger man then.
Instead, my inner asshole kicked in reflexivly and rather than throttle it a little, went full nuke from the word go.
Yeah, I got some work to do...

Thank you all for your kind words as always. I'll try to live up to them! :thumbsup:
Hey, Ed, maybe she has some learning to do also.

Hey, Ed, maybe she has some learning to do also.
Obviously - but in this world where attitude is an acceptable substitution for actual wisdom + experience,
her typical "precious snowflake" upbringing and education via school systems' indoctrination leads her to
constantly demand instant gratification - and be a Karen when that's not possible.

It's societys' fault these creatures roam amongst us now; we've allowed it to happen.

My last of that type didn't like me either. It all boiled down to dam it women get of the fire escape and do your own job. She wanted no part of it even after I showed her how.

Once again proof that there is a creator, sustainer and he speaks to us.
We just need to be better listeners.

So very very true.

There have been some events in my life in the recent past.
That has opened my eyes that we are here on a path. And none of use are guaranteed tomorrow.
Enjoy life. Surround yourself with family...friends that you enjoy time with.
Enjoy who you are with and what you do above all else.
So please. Live today like it's your last day.

Because one day ....it will be.

Auto Transport Service
Back