• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K member issue?

Tomcat

Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
So today I came across something I've never seen before. After disassembling my front end I found that one of my strut rod holes has been worn?? out of shape, and I'm wondering, is this actually a problem? I know it didn't leave St. Louis like that, but I don't know if I actually need to do something about it?...... anybody have this experience before? What did you do about it? The steel sleeve in the bushing is quite a bit smaller than the hole in the K frame to begin with, so I'm not sure what would happen if I put it back together like this?

20230225_121054.jpg

Weld it up and grind it as needed. Not a big deal but it should be corrected.

I guess that was a dumb question all in all, but I was thinking in terms of having to get another K member......I didn't think about just welding it up and re-shaping...... that shouldn't be so terrible.

How do the lower control arm shaft sleeves look while you are at inspection mode?

How do the lower control arm shaft sleeves look while you are at inspection mode?
I would see that is more work. Couple bumps on the MIG and a little grinding. 10 or 15 minutes for me.

Haven't inspected those yet. I'm going with a new PST sway bar, and my original LCAs are non sway bar, so I may end up replacing them.... haven't yet decided whether to modify or replace

I would see that is more work. Couple bumps on the MIG and a little grinding. 10 or 15 minutes for me.
Yeah i like the easy peasy method. I would think if one used a washer you'd need to compensate for that extra thickness by using a longer sleeve between the bushings

The holes need a washer to reinforce the area metal fatigues and washer brings back the strenght
That does make sense......maybe I will do that after all. It shouldn’t be too tough to make some over-length tubes, and I’ll be putting stiffeners and sway bar mounts on the LCAs anyway, so I’m not in a rush with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back