• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick down linkage 727 auto

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

can someone explain me what the differene is between these to kick down linkages? In the book it says it is the same for 383 and 440.

1. Mopar 440 4BRL Passing Gear Kick Down Linkage Set B E Body GTX Charger Cuda | eBay

2. Mopar 383 400 4BRL Passing Gear Kick Down Linkage Set B E Body Coronet Charger. | eBay

For me, on the pictures they are the same but not like the linkage in the book.

Thanks FBBO!
Yannik

IMG_0881.JPG

Those are newer style from the one pictured in the service manual. Remember E bodies didn't come out til 1970.

The difference is 383-400= low deck and 440=high deck. Not a big difference but there can be fitment issues. In your picture its part 10. Some you can adjust and make work. As said the ones on e-bay are a newer style. Old style had the bell crank on the bell housing. So the answer to your question I believe is low to high deck. Back in the day I could modify them quicker than I could reading and replying to this post.

Yeah newer style, but why there are 2 different URLs for them? Why not 1 URL for both engins? Like… for 383 AND 440 4bbl

Yeah newer style, but why there are 2 different URLs for them? Why not 1 URL for both engins? Like… for 383 AND 440 4bbl
Because they are two different sales each one with its own application.

Yes, #10 is longer for a RB. I use a piece of allthread and a turnbuckle type fitting to extend mine for my 2bbl to 4bbl. And a bracket #6 from Mancini for 2bbl to 4bbl.

No my dad disassembled him back in 2002 and there was no linkage. He believe it came with a cable. But we did not find it yet

No my dad disassembled him back in 2002 and there was no linkage. He believe it came with a cable. But we did not find it yet
If you have nothing a cable might be the way to go. But rest assured there will be some fabrication involved.

If you do this, you can use all Mopar throttle n kickdown. I did my Holley based throttle on my TBI and use all my factory linkage. Had to go w a longer factory throttle cable and the lengthened #10 but keeps proper ratio.

Auto Transport Service
Back