• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf spring info

chooch

Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody seen this leaf spring part number 2403595 I can't find anything about them in the 62-5 factory parts books but was told they where used on 65 b-body??
Thanks.

187617.jpeg

20220715_084924.jpg

Just pulled a pair off my '64 Belvy, 318 car. Not biased....both L & R identical, with that part number on them.

A smidgen more info... since I see an additional four digit code on yours, I went back and looked. Mine both have a code in the same location.... # 3153 on both springs. Date code?? March 15, 1963?? Am I thinking the wrong format?, or not even a date code?? They were on a '64 car, and sure looked original to me...also, the anti-squeek material between the leaves wasn't plastic or similar, it was like woven white material, like they made the heat shield sleeves with.... no doubt riddled with asbestos?? (looks like yours have it too).

HTH, Lefty71

A smidgen more info... since I see an additional four digit code on yours, I went back and looked. Mine both have a code in the same location.... # 3153 on both springs. Date code?? March 15, 1963?? Am I thinking the wrong format?, or not even a date code?? They were on a '64 car, and sure looked original to me...also, the anti-squeek material between the leaves wasn't plastic or similar, it was like woven white material, like they made the heat shield sleeves with.... no doubt riddled with asbestos?? (looks like yours have it too).

HTH, Lefty71
Thanks, Most springs I've seen with the woven material where on 63 cars not to say that they couldn't of been left overs for a early 64 car, the date code on these are late 64 & where told they where correct for a 65 car but both sides have the same parts number which I thought they stopped that in 63 let alone the PN doesn't exist

Auto Transport Service
Back