• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf spring straps

WesleyK

Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
hey guys, so I started installing my leaf spring rebuild kit today. All was going well till I went to put the forward strap on and noticed it was to short to feed the tab through. All 4 straps are the same length. I compared them to my old ones and the original forward strap Is longer (see pic). My old strap is broken so I can’t reuse it. I also haven’t gotten a response from the seller. Anybody know of a retailer. Car is 68 Super Bee 383.

0E3B52C9-5B41-4A57-B2F0-E7BF60701CBB.jpeg

Looks like they bent the "square hole" end short. Looks like the extra is on the tab end.

I think it's just his old one is still bent over. Kit I had they are definitely one size (leaf) smaller than OE.

Looks like they bent the "square hole" end short. Looks like the extra is on the tab end.
It is short on the square end. The tab end is the same it just looks shorter in the pic cause the old was is bent over a little.

If I was doing it again.. I'd grind 1/8" out of the square holes top end to give more tab to bend over.

I purchased my set from Frank Badalson and they had the correct lengths.....

Where did yours come from?

I purchased my set from Frank Badalson and they had the correct lengths.....

Where did yours come from?
I got em on eBay. Everybody seemed to sale the same kits so I didn’t think much of it. Every kit I’ve looked at though sales the same straps it seems but I guess they don’t. I didn’t check franks so bad call on that I guess haha I’m gonna try and make it work tomorrow. We’ll see, thanks

I got em on eBay. Everybody seemed to sale the same kits so I didn’t think much of it. Every kit I’ve looked at though sales the same straps it seems but I guess they don’t. I didn’t check franks so bad call on that I guess haha I’m gonna try and make it work tomorrow. We’ll see, thanks
Not a bad call.....the actual "bad call" are those pricks offering incorrect kits........Sad they cant make a little extra effort that would even cost more to offer a correct kit....

On a side note I hate installing those clamps, they are a PITA.....

Fooled with it some today, added a few more clamps and ended up getting a decent fold. Thanks again guys for the pics and advice!

56A0E2A7-0F52-4714-A6B8-C808B2106DFA.jpeg BB619C9F-62A9-4513-B695-ADD3F922C609.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back