• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Liland Global Fuel Tank Experience?

DC67

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
I’m looking to replace my fuel tank on my 67 Charger. The exterior is fine but I pulled the tank and there is a lot of varnish and rust scale inside. As an alternative to cleaning I was looking into replacing it. I know Spectra in Canada makes a good Ni-tern steel product CR-14 (~$200) but I’m curious if anyone has used a Liland Global ICR-14 unit (~$100) It’s galvanized and made in Taiwan according to the company with 3yr warranty.

Just wanted to see if anyone on the forum had tried one of the tanks:

https://www.jcwhitney.com/details/L...VhIXICh0_MA8DEAQYAyABEgKemvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm not sure who made the tanks I have put into some of the 66-67's I have, but they all came from Van's Auto. It's less expensive for me to replace than to try to clean and seal.

FWIW JC Whitney sells mfg's seconds on somethings. The number you supplied is close to Spectra. Way back bought a deep oil sump for a VW the holes where it bolted to bottom of engine were 1/4" off so it turn a little. Didn't affect how it worked it was just turned so it was straight front to back. Could be dented or something stupid. MO I'd buy the Spectra but if you want to gamble $100 it's your money and budget.

I'm not sure who made the tanks I have put into some of the 66-67's I have, but they all came from Van's Auto. It's less expensive for me to replace than to try to clean and seal.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll take another look at Vans’ tanks and given a call. They didn’t seem to describe much on the website about the product but glad to hear you were satisfied with them.

FWIW JC Whitney sells mfg's seconds on somethings. The number you supplied is close to Spectra. Way back bought a deep oil sump for a VW the holes where it bolted to bottom of engine were 1/4" off so it turn a little. Didn't affect how it worked it was just turned so it was straight front to back. Could be dented or something stupid. MO I'd buy the Spectra but if you want to gamble $100 it's your money and budget.

I didn’t realize that about JC Whitney I haven’t actually shopped with them but thought they were reputable having been around so long. I actually linked to their site because I couldn’t get the URL to the same tank sold by Rock Auto (where they offer free shipping) to work but they sell the same tank there too for around $100 delivered so it’s a pretty good price.

I bought one of their stainless tanks for my 70RR after emailing them about the picture on their site not being the right tank. They emailed me right back and fixed the site the next day. Great tank.

I bought one of their stainless tanks for my 70RR after emailing them about the picture on their site not being the right tank. They emailed me right back and fixed the site the next day. Great tank.

Good to hear you had a good experience with Liland. Appreciate the feedback.

Slightly off topic but I bought a Liland aluminum radiator from RockAuto. It looked to be a very well made piece but the stock fan shroud did not fit. I could have hacked it up to make it work, but the shroud was worth more than the radiator so I sent it back.

T
Slightly off topic but I bought a Liland aluminum radiator from RockAuto. It looked to be a very well made piece but the stock fan shroud did not fit. I could have hacked it up to make it work, but the shroud was worth more than the radiator so I sent it back.

Good to know. I think only time will tell with these things. I went ahead and ordered a galvanized Liland tank from RockAuto and I'll post an update here once it arrives and I've had a chance to install.

Regarding Van's fuel tanks I was told they are made in Tiawan (Same as Liland). They do offer a great deal on their stainless tank but the best deal on a galvanized steel tank I could find was at Rock Auto so I’ll post an update on the installation and quality in a few weeks.

Just a quick update for anyone considering the Liland Global tanks from Rock Auto. I will say the the tank is not packaged well (just thrown in a regular cardboard box with a few strips of bubble wrap) so it arrived with a damaged corner. To Rock Auto's credit they sent a replacement once I requested it on the website. They give me a return label to print out and sent a new tank once the damaged tank was scanned by Fedex. Once the new tank arrives and I get a chance to inspect and install it I'll post another update.

Regarding the tank to filler hose - I just couldn't spend north of $60 for a this hose so I'm experimenting with trying this budget solution - I might need to cut it down in length but hopefully it will work:

Gates 24717 2" 90 Degree Hose - $22

Auto Transport Service
Back