• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Line Lock Questions

A70Runner

Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
70 Road Runner Line Lock question. Is it better to tap into the line from the Master to the Master Cylinder Tee or in between the Master Cylinder Tee and the Front metering valve? I’m just using the terminology from this picture. Lol

IMG_6482.jpeg

I'm wondering this myself. The Hurst line lock instructions show blocking off one of the front brake tubes coming out of the master cylinder tee (e.g. block off the front/left with a plug). Next, you run a line from the front/right outlet of the tee into the line lock. The line lock splits to the existing left & right front brake tubes. I'm worried connecting that way will shift the little piston inside the master cylinder T and make my brake light come on when I use the line lock...maybe get stuck? I'll be watching this thread.

I've always run it in the line for the front brakes coming out of the m/c.

I'm wondering this myself. The Hurst line lock instructions show blocking off one of the front brake tubes coming out of the master cylinder tee (e.g. block off the front/left with a plug). Next, you run a line from the front/right outlet of the tee into the line lock. The line lock splits to the existing left & right front brake tubes. I'm worried connecting that way will shift the little piston inside the master cylinder T and make my brake light come on when I use the line lock...maybe get stuck? I'll be watching this thread.
Master cylinder to prop, plug the one side, other side to line loc, line loc to a tee feeding LF, RF.

I used RemCharger's description.
Top port (above the one with the plug) comes in from proportioning valve.
Lower left goes to drivers side front brake.
Right side goes to passenger front brake.
May 25 (11).jpg

So, does your brake warning light come on when the line lock is engaged?

In my case it won't as the proportioning valve is not affected.
The line-loc is downstream from the valve.
I've never had it between the master and the proportioning valve.
Have you run a line lock plumbed in like that before?

PurpleBeeper, yes I have.
Here is a picture of my previous Volare Road runner's line loc setup.
S2010008.JPG

The top line comes from the proportioning valve.
The two lower lines go to each front brake.
On F-bodies the passenger brake line does not run along the firewall - the factory routing is up front and under the rad to go across to the other side.
The same with the drivers side front brake line routing, it goes in front of the shock's location.
You can see the plugged port on the bottom side on the proportioning valve.

I've done the same thing on my 71 Runner.
Feb 28th (2).jpg

The lower right line is from the master front port for the rear brakes.
The top line is from the master rear port for the front brakes
Upper right has the plug in it.
Lower left (behind the black tab) goes to the rear brakes.
Upper left (red fitting) goes thru the inner fender (black grommet) over to the line loc - that's for both front brakes.
Never had the brake light come on.

Here's my old F-body in action with the line loc.

It's the second car coming thru.

Auto Transport Service
Back