• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lisle 22800 Wheel Stud Installer

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
I bought this tool to replace the old wheel studs on the rear axles with new studs. Beat the old studs out, cleaned the holes with a bore brush, and installed the new studs in 10 minutes. I highly recommend it and the brush kit.

upload_2021-9-15_17-8-35.png

Lisle 22800 Wheel Stud Installer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ETUD2...abc_5PP69P0VW4XXR2CZHJAJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Clutch bore brush set.

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/too...id=pla-4576992030720219&prdid=43100&gclsrc=ds

upload_2021-9-15_17-5-33.png
IMG_20210915_135234280.jpg

Used the same installer recently and it definitely made quick, and easy work of installing the studs!

Looks like a bearing.
What does it actually do?
I usually just start them/locate the splines by hand and then run an "upside down" lug nut with a couple oversize washers down until it seats.

Looks like a bearing.
What does it actually do?
I usually just start them/locate the splines by hand and then run an "upside down" lug nut with a couple oversize washers down until it seats.
Looks to be the same concept. Start lug place the tool over it, tighten lugnut against tool until the stud is pulled through.

The bearing provides frictionless torque and pulls straight through the center maintaining alignment.

Read the Amazon reviews for a better understanding.

I ordered on & it came in yesterday. I don't have a need for it at the moment, but it seems like a good tool to have.

Be sure to clean up the bearing when done as it gets debris in it from installing studs. Especially, when the hubs or rotors are used and a bit gritty.

Looks like it would beat the hell out of the stack of washers I always used back in the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back