• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 440 block 68 Charger R/T XS29L8B317346

1968rt

Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Last seen in Astoria NY late 80s early 90s. Engine was sold and put into another Charger. Any help appreciated.

Last seen in Astoria NY late 80s early 90s. Engine was sold and put into another Charger. Any help appreciated.
Forgive me for 4getting where that number would be stamped on the block. Is it along the oil pan rail or is it partly on the flat top deck up front?

It would be on the bell housing flange by the oil sender for 68. 69 moved to the pan rail.

68_Dodge_Coronet_VIN_BlockTrannyc_600.jpg

Yes still in Queens . The guy who bought the motor was from Brooklyn!

Yes still in Queens . The guy who bought the motor was from Brooklyn!
This kid is from Manhattan, but I'm not sure where the guy who sold him the block was from. I'll ask in the next day or two.
I'm always in Queens. Do you go to shows at the Terrace and other haunts?

Ive been busy working on a few cars so not much time for shows

Ive been busy working on a few cars so not much time for shows
It seems like this 440 was acquired in New Jersey as it turns out. He's not selling it neither even though it has sat under his bench for 20 years. good luck in your search. Hopefully we get to meet at one of the night spots.

Do you know a guy named Ari (blue Duster with Indy motor) from the Astoria area back then? He knows alot of guys from that area still and would be a good try.

No doesn't ring a bell. I checked with a lot of the old crew. Unfortunately most of them gave up the hobby.

There's also this guy Curt Jr. that I know real well that is from Brooklyn. He has a bunch of 440 blocks and also has a gold '69 RT/SE Charger. One of his many Mopes. I'll ask him. Both my sources attend Carlisle every year.

Auto Transport Service
Back