• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Looking for AM 8 Track Radio for 69 Roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

needacheaperhob

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a good working AM 8 Track radio for my 69 Roadrunner.

I plan to remove the original AM currently installed. I recently discovered my fathers 8 Track collection (majority still work) so it would be nice to reminisce about the road trips we used to take as a child.

Thank you.

You will need to replace the sensing foil on EVERY tape, or they will break and may get eaten.

the sensing foil is the metallic splice that holds the 2 ends of the tape together and automatically changes the program.

Thanks for the tip!....I definately don't want that to happen so I'll have a look into that to make sure there are no issues.

Is there additional wiring needed to upgrade from AM to AM 8-Track?

I'm guessing a different faceplate for dash?

Is there additional wiring needed to upgrade from AM to AM 8-Track?

I'm guessing a different faceplate for dash?
Yes. Different faceplate, and they had three speakers in the dash. AM is mono, and the 8 track is stereo.

There was a metal crossover box in my Charger if I recall.

Message me re: your 8 track radio request. I have several options. Joe

You can get the 8-track repair kits on Ebay for cheap money. I repaired many over the years and they still work.

Yes. Different faceplate, and they had three speakers in the dash. AM is mono, and the 8 track is stereo.

There was a metal crossover box in my Charger if I recall.
And the harness and fader

And the harness and fader
I didn’t see a separate fader on my Charger. Just the controls on the radio tape deck itself. I believe the fader is just for a rear speaker. It has three in the dash.

I didn’t see a separate fader on my Charger. Just the controls on the radio tape deck itself. I believe the fader is just for a rear speaker. It has three in the dash.
True I didn’t think of that since I have a rear set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back