• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Chicagoland Mechanic

xRickyBobbyx

Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Hey fellas. I'm still fairly new to the site so I hope this is in the right place.

I finally picked up my '69 Coronet 440 Sedan. The 318 seems a little tired and blowing blue smoke. I'm hoping it's just because it hasn't been driven in a while. Plus it's a TN car and now it's up here in the cold. I say all of that to say that I'm looking for a mechanic in Chicago. Someone that has the capability of not just fixing the 318 but can handle an engine swap if I choose to go that route. My drum brakes seem a bit weak also despite the previous owner saying he replaced the brakes and booster recently. Maybe low vacuum from what I've read in other threads. Any help is greatly appreciated.

20221112_112721.jpg

I wish I had somebody for you (I don't), but I'd suggest you call a few of the restoration shops in the suburbs & ask them "who does your mechanic maintenance work?"

There is the Chicagoland Mopar Club that might be good for you to join for the local networking. I’m a member, good folks. There’s a winter swap meet that will be taking place in Tinley Park. Look them up on line.

A Mechanic or a "Mechanic"? From what I here they're roaming the streets there unencumbered. Hit job costs are something like 10 for $1000. Package deals. Even cheaper on the South Side. Sorry pal - not really funny but I couldn't resist. My hometown has had a name change from Minneapolis to Murderapolis. All this **** courtesy of you know who......

There is the Chicagoland Mopar Club that might be good for you to join for the local networking. I’m a member, good folks. There’s a winter swap meet that will be taking place in Tinley Park. Look them up on line.
What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back