• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Dad's 1970 Dodge Charger R/T

Johnny500

Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys, looking to see if anyone out there knows the whereabouts of my dads R/T Charger. It seems it was kind of a weird color combo from what I've found. It was a white (EW1) hardtop with red longitudinal stripes (V6R) and the charcoal houndstooth interior (C5XA). The car had a 440 Magnum with the 727 auto in the console, that's really all I remember about the car. He sold the car around 1980 in South Dakota. I sent the vin# to the charger registry and they said the car had been registered with them back in 2006 from somewhere in Michigan. I am very hopeful that the car is still alive. I'm just looking to see if anyone knows the owner or the current whereabouts of the car. I would like to figure out some more info from the car as I am building a tribute car to match the one I grew up in.

My Parents had a 70 Charger R/T SE too. Glad to hear that your dads car is possibly still around. Good luck with your search.
moms Charger.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks chargervert, I am hopeful it’s still out there roamin the streets somewhere. Seems like there were not too many all white chargers running around but probably been painted a dozen different colors by now. My dad also thought he remembers seeing something in his paper work back then as the car being a Canadian car? When it comes time to paint my Charger 500 I’m kickin around the idea of making it a tribute car back to the one I remember as a kid!

I have an all white 70 Charger R/T,but it is a V code 440 Sixpack car. I have a thread on the car in the members projects section. You should do a build thread on your car too. I spent my formative years in the back of a Charger R/T too. Good luck with your quest.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back