• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lost my best friend

I just came across this thread for the first time. I’ve been on hiatus for awhile. I’m truly sorry for the loss of such a dear friend. You’re right it’s a rarity in life to have a someone that close for so long. Especially for guys. Close friends yes but most of the time not often as you describe. No doubt the Lord will bring you two together again one day if you have faith.

I would also suggest and assure you that there is absolutely no shame in speaking to a professional and possibly trying some meds for a while. The quality and efficacy of what’s available today is remarkable. Pls try that direction if you’re in need - it can be near impossible to pull out without a little temporary help.

I wish you and your friends family all of God’s peace
Thank you for that, and to all, yes, I have decide to seek some professional help. was a hard decision, but i have my wife and children and Todd's son that all need me to here and involved

just an update, things are going sooo much better, still a long way to go, but, I have started my journey, and feel pretty positive !

again thank you to all who reached out

I had forgotten to post this earlier, I did manage to get Todd's marker designed, ordered and installed.

front-

and back, His son Christopher passed away in 2017 , his ashes were put in with Todd

Todd Marker.jpg Resized_Peace_back.jpeg

His last name was "Peace"?

That's pretty cool.

His last name was "Peace"?

That's pretty cool.
yea, Peace, the day we met, he introduced himself to me, "Hi, I'm Todd Peace, thats a cool last name isnt it ?"

I've just been through this entire thread, some of it again, some of it for the first time and....damn.
I remember reading when it first happened and felt I didn't have anything productive to offer in
support, so I did the usual "like" on some posts, "agree" on others, that sort of thing.
Just know - I've been there, too.
Still dip a toe in it sometimes, truth be told...

But - now I feel the need to post something - I'll try to be brief, promise:
1. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I envy that you had that immense a lifelong friendship.
Such a blessing that must have been! We all should be so blessed....
and I see you've acknowledged that such a friend is exactly what you've needed since he passed,
too - one that would be constantly kicking you in the arse, saying "get back up, get to it, you got
obligations and people who love you to tend to!"
Well...that comes from within, at least if it's going to last.

2. Now is when you're being reminded that perhaps, just maybe, having most all of your "emotional
eggs in one basket - and now the basket is gone" had you coming up a little short with others in your
life.
Well, those folks needed you then and they need you now - and you've got more to give them now!
Purpose, man, we're talking purpose in life here. What and who do you think needs more of you?
Get to it! By seeing to others, it'll amaze you how much that helps you in the process.
It's why we're here on the planet to begin with, after all - we're here for each other.

You're right - he'd be all over you right now, kicking your arse and making you move.
Get to work like he's there watching you - because trust me, he is. :thumbsup:

I've just been through this entire thread, some of it again, some of it for the first time and....damn.
I remember reading when it first happened and felt I didn't have anything productive to offer in
support, so I did the usual "like" on some posts, "agree" on others, that sort of thing.
Just know - I've been there, too.
Still dip a toe in it sometimes, truth be told...

But - now I feel the need to post something - I'll try to be brief, promise:
1. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I envy that you had that immense a lifelong friendship.
Such a blessing that must have been! We all should be so blessed....
and I see you've acknowledged that such a friend is exactly what you've needed since he passed,
too - one that would be constantly kicking you in the arse, saying "get back up, get to it, you got
obligations and people who love you to tend to!"
Well...that comes from within, at least if it's going to last.

2. Now is when you're being reminded that perhaps, just maybe, having most all of your "emotional
eggs in one basket - and now the basket is gone" had you coming up a little short with others in your
life.
Well, those folks needed you then and they need you now - and you've got more to give them now!
Purpose, man, we're talking purpose in life here. What and who do you think needs more of you?
Get to it! By seeing to others, it'll amaze you how much that helps you in the process.
It's why we're here on the planet to begin with, after all - we're here for each other.

You're right - he'd be all over you right now, kicking your arse and making you move.
Get to work like he's there watching you - because trust me, he is. :thumbsup:
Thank you Ed,
one of these days, i would like to buy you that cup of coffee

Auto Transport Service
Back