• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mallory dual point parts source? @#$%

peabodyracin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
After 30 years of hibernation, my old Lancer wagon runs again! I made a few blasts down the road in front of the house and man did that feel good! Local strip has a vintage race event scheduled for September and I got my reservation confirmation back today!

The car still has a Mallory dual point in it: YC365HP is on the distributor tag. I had a new cap to convert from the goofy original Mallory cap but for the life of me cannot come up with a source for points. I resorted to calling Holley tech this morning to try and get a part number. The guy on the phone was a bit short with me but did give me a part number 25042. He apparently felt I was wasting his time, but I even asked about ordering through Holley and was told they're out of stock. I'm not comfortable with one set in particular, which is quite badly burned; more than a point file will correct I believe.

Once I got back to it this afternoon and looked up part number 25042 I discover that is not the right part number for the points in my unit. Photos are attached.

Anyone got a place to point me for points, possibly a rotor and, based on other posts I've read here, an 'old' new condenser or two?

I'm close to breaking down and buying an electronic distributor, but am so darn comfortable with this setup. Hell I've owned it since the early 70's.

Thanks in advance everyone!

SANY0006.JPG

SANY0004.JPG

SANY0001.JPG

SANY0003.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back