• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meds that cause dementia.

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
My Mom has dementia. This started me on the path to educate myself about the disease and it's causes. We're talking here about common OTC and Rx drugs. There's a free online calculator to help you check whether your meds may lead to dementia.

Edit: I check Mom's Rx list regularly. So far so good.

Last edited:
My Mom has dementia. This started me on the path to educate myself about the disease and it's causes. We're talking here about common OTC and Rx drugs. There's a free online calculator to help you check whether your meds may lead to dementia.

I take 2 prescriptions. 1 scored 1. I am good. I get the brain fog and forgetfulness from the bourbon and rye I enjoy. LOL Oh and I grew up in the 70's. Just sayin'. Some of the meds on their list may be a factor but I bet there are many other causes. I remember back in the early 60's, Mom said that Grandma has lost her mind. The words Dementia and Alzheimer's hadn't even been invented yet. It might have more to do with plastics and chemicals used in construction and the everyday products we use.

i’ll check that list out . so far i’m fairly lucky in i don’t have a drug intake regimen. i try not to take anything regularly only as needed meds …. now if we talking beer i’m guilty as he’ll ..

I take 2 prescriptions. 1 scored 1. I am good. I get the brain fog and forgetfulness from the bourbon and rye I enjoy. LOL Oh and I grew up in the 70's. Just sayin'. Some of the meds on their list may be a factor but I bet there are many other causes. I remember back in the early 60's, Mom said that Grandma has lost her mind. The words Dementia and Alzheimer's hadn't even been invented yet. It might have more to do with plastics and chemicals used in construction and the everyday products we use.
Aunt Nancy had dementia with hallucinations . She drank a lot.

I used Benadryl for poison ivy my whole childhood. Now I just don't go near the stuff.

Lots of sleep aids and nighttime meds include Benadryl.

Dramamine is regular for traveling and motion sickness.

These meds are high on the anticholinergics list.

Auto Transport Service
Back