• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracle Paint(similar to POR15) question

bandit

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Miracle Paint offered by Bill Hirsch? From what I've researched, it is pretty much like POR15 without all the prep. Cures by moisture like POR15, gets hard as a rock, glossy, impervious to gas, chemicals, rocks, etc.... http://www.hirschauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MIRHD-GAL
I talked to the company and sounds like good stuff so I ordered up a gallon. Now of course I am thinking of questions I should have asked before.

I have a 1970 Charger. Floorboards and frame are in pretty good shape except for some surface rust in select spots. No rust holes. My question is, will applying this rust sealant/preventative paint on the undercarriage, floor boards, trunk and behind body panels in any way devalue the car? I am not planning on making it a show car but I want to make sure I am not doing something that will hurt it's value down the road. For example, if someone else decided to make it a show car and this stuff is impossible to get off. I am taking pictures of everything before hand so I have documentation of how I got it. One thing to note and I know sounds like I am answering my own question, is the floor was cut by the previous owner to make it a 4 speed. This may have already taken it to the point of not worrying about it ever being a show car but want some opinions before I brush this stuff on.

Second question, just like POR15, it does not like smooth surfaces. What is considered too smooth for this paint is debatable I guess but has anyone ever had this stuff(or POR15) start to peel off? And if so, does it make it worse for water to get trapped in there now that it is peeling?

Anyone have any experience with these situations?

Hey Bandit....If you're just brushing it on and it came to the point off selling the car, I could see a buyer looking to buy the car for resto then show squaking abouth the brushed on everlasting paint. One thing you could do, spray it on out of a gun. Would make it a whole lot easier to level and paint over (if it's paintable), down the road.

Not a big fan or POR15, but with the rust bullet I use, if you scuff with 220 grit there's no issue with the coating adhereing to the surface. I've used the 3M scuff pads without issue.

Thanks propwash. Trying to preserve while maintaining as much value as I can.

Auto Transport Service
Back