• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MoPar Engine paint

Red63440

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
If anyone is or has started to put an engine together and you have some of the ORIGINAL MoPar turquoise engine paint make sure you can replace it with the same item number. I had 2 cans of the original color and ran out and ordered 4 more cans and what I got doesn't match the original color. They added an "AB" to the part number which must stand for "Almost Believable" cause it sure isn't the same. How friggin hard is it to make the same paint shade when you just happen to have the formula and have been using it for over 50 years????? Maybe its because its now made south of the border.:angry4:

A lot of paint that used to actually work has been replaced by stuff that doesn't work or is not the same formula. My buddy just had some early HEMI orange made up from a sample of the paint that Totally Auto sells and it's close but no cigar. Have you tried the Eastwood or POR15 engine paints? I know POR has the turquoise.

Summit has the original paint P4120752 instead of the new stuff P4120752AB

Summit has the original paint P4120752 instead of the new stuff P4120752AB

Update...they show it in their catalog and their sales people swear that they have it but....they don't. If you want the original paint don't order from Mancini's or Summit. Most places are still advertising the original paint but show the new part numbers, usually ending with "AB".:argue:

I will be happy if I can find a few....:pottytrain1:

You guys are scaring me . I still have to do my 68 383. Id hate to buy paint now , only to use it next year !!! LOL!!!

You guys are scaring me . I still have to do my 68 383. Id hate to buy paint now , only to use it next year !!! LOL!!!

The stuff out there now is the new stuff and the turquoise comes with a blue cap.:angry1:

Auto Transport Service
Back