• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Magic Sacramento Ca. Sept 12

1badgtx

Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Anyone planning to attend Mopar Magic at sacramento Raceway Park Sept 12?
They will have swap meet,show and shine with bracket racing....Their are some fast cars!!!!I,ll be there in my 67 GTX,yes I,ll be runnin the car...Mopars are made to run...Helll if it were,nt for mopars we would not have funny cars,altered wheel base cars of the early 60,s..!!!We would not have top fuel because they all run hemi,s...It,s all about heritage!!!!The killer bee class(slant six cylinders)always put on a good show!!!Hopefully I,ll see you there!!!!!!:wave::wave::woohoo::woohoo:

I plan on bringing my 66 Belvedere to run. Hopefully I get better than a 17.5!

Cool!!!It,ll be nice to meet you in person...Since My 67 GTX runs low 14,s(best was a 13.95) you should be able to run better than me!!!!
Just look for a Petty Blue 67 GTX!!!

HA! Don't be so sure!! I thought my 17.5 was going to be more like a high 15! Guess I'm getting old! Maybe my new motto will be "It seems fast to me" :rolling:

Yeah,I know what you mean about getting old....Threw my back out a couple weeks ago crawling under my car....Missed a few days at work....Gotta put in new oil pan and gasket this weekend...My mopar leaks like a friggin old harley....But the GTX has more class thats for sure!!!!It seems everyone and their mother rides a harley...I,ve been to a dozen car shows,one were their are over 375 cars...Sure a few mopars,roadrunners,cuda,s but only one 67 GTX!!!

See ya at the strip!!!!
I,d rather push my PLYMOUTH than drive a ford!!!!

I will be there in my white 73 satellite. it looks real mean, but doesn't perform as it looks. last time i ran, i was at high 16's. hoping to do a little bit better. messed with the timing a bit. it feels quicker of the line. see you guys there!

Still don't know if I'm going to make it or not. Have to see how the wife feels after the Saturday trip down the coast.

Planes are active and buzzing the building I work in as I type.
Should be a good day to watch the Drags and the Air Show at the same time.

-Steve

Hopefully we will all see each other....I,ll be hanging out with my buddy and his 4 door belvedere....Hey maybe he,ll let me beat up on his car for a round!!!!
Petty Blue 67 gtx

It was another beautiful MOPAR day in CA.

Went out to MOPAR Magic to take in the sights.
I don't think I have been out to Sac Raceway in over 10 years.

Looked for 1badgtx - saw only one blue GTX but it was a convertable.
Maybe we will get hooked up next time.

For those that like pictures here you go. Air show was going on over at Mather airport so there are a few plane pics mixed in.
MOPAR Magic Slide Show

-Steve

I saw 1badgtx.. good to meet someone from the website..

i had an okay day. got eliminated first round of eliminations. had my fastest ET ever though. I ran a 16.70. i need to figure out how to make my car run a little faster still.. Enjoyed another mopar magic though

chrgrsteve,
Hey I was there,looked for you....Saw meep meep and fredmedina...Looked for you..Thought I saw your car in the show....I figured it was,nt you because it had stock guages instead of aftermarket....Well maybe next time!!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Although it was a short visit it was good to meet you BadGTX. Looking at this post I'm pretty sure I saw Fred but didn't put two and two together otherwise I would have come over to say hi. It wasn't a big turnout but I saw some nice cars!

This was the first time out with my new engine in my green 66 Belvedere and I finally got it to hook up reasonably well on my last run. With true street tires, full exhaust and air cleaner installed my best was a 13.38 at 109. This is a cast piston 440 with big valve 915's, a .455" / 272 MoPar cam, an MI dual plane intake (like stock cast iron) and a 750 AFB. It pulled like a freight train up to the 6000 RPM shift points through the whole 1/4 mile. It's got a low to mid 12 in it if I can glue it down. Replacing the 3.55's with 4.10's and throwing on some sticky tires might do it.

The only thing is it won't run on pump 91. I mean, it will run but you can't hold it to the firewall or it pings like crazy. That was my first run. A .07 light skating out of the hole and staying out of the throttle through the whole 1/4 mile I went 14.10 @ 95. After that disaster I promptly went to see the race gas guy to get 5 gals of special sauce and dump it in with what I had. I believe the final octane averaged out to 98 or so and solved the problem. Aside from that I'm very happy with the performance.

chrgrsteve,
Hey I was there,looked for you....Saw meep meep and fredmedina...Looked for you..Thought I saw your car in the show....I figured it was,nt you because it had stock guages instead of aftermarket....Well maybe next time!!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX

It was one of those days.

I did not want to put my Charger in the car show and did nto know how parking was going to work. Did not want to park my Charger out in the dirt so I did not take the Charger and drove the wifes 300C.

Did you take your GTX? That is what I was looking for.

Next time we will have to do the phone number swap and call each other or setup a meeting place.

Drag races are hard to sort out because the day is so fluid for eveyone.

I only have one event left I'm signed up for this year
Ironstone Concours d' Elegance
Murphys, Saturday, September 25

And one I'm thinking about
21st Annual Show & Shine Fly-In
Cameron Park Airpark, Saturday, October 9, 2010

-Steve

Nope,the gtx stayed home in the garage...I still got tranny problems...She,s gonna sit in the garage for a while...My tranny guy is on vacation till the end of this month....I towed a friend of mines 66 belvedere to the track...He,s got a 472 stroker in his 4 door...He made three runs then lost oil pressure so we put it on then trailer early in the day...Still had a good time...There were some nice cars in the show too...The hemi 70 charger was nice...I,ll be ready for next year...We also had a car show here in grass velley over the weekend...Over 650 cars entered...There was a 70 hemi clone,a really nice 69 B5 GTX,it was a six pac 4 speed all original car ...The guy was nice,he was in a mopar club out of reno....There was a 68 roadrnner,4 speed for sale...It was really clean but had a 8 3/4 rearend in the car so something was not right...23 grand was a decent price though...You should try the grass valley show next year...They have a poker run and raffle off a chevy 350 crate engine...I wanted the crate motor for my landcruiser..The engine is getting tired and I seem to spend all my play money on my GTX...Bummer we missed each other...We,ll hook up one of these days....
Cheers!!!!
Bill
Petty Blue 67 GTX

I remember seeing your car. In the video it looks like you raced my buddy's slant 6 Valiant wagon.

If your buddy is Aaron......yes thats who I raced. Hope to meet some of you there next year. We will be racing in Redding California in October on the 23/24

If your buddy is Aaron......yes thats who I raced. Hope to meet some of you there next year. We will be racing in Redding California in October on the 23/24

Yep, that's him. I'll see you around one of these races.

Auto Transport Service
Back