• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB mopar power steering hose 2537 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert horman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
wanted power steering hose Mopar number 2537 980 1968 b body NOS or good useable hose

Bob,
Is this the one you need? I can check the numbers when I get home.

09&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=Fn788zqn5HAAX9KuFhR&tn=2R2MVw5UFbK0X5e8&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

wanted power steering hose Mopar number 2537 980 1968 b body NOS or good useable hose

What size engine do you have? I found this on Ebay for your year and B body car. I know I had to buy three hoses for my 67 Hemi Charger before I found the correct one. Good luck.

Screenshot (112).png

the hose I am looking for is for 1968 dodge charger Hemi 426 engine Bob H

On my 67 Charger Hemi the power steering hose that fit was a Edelman #70329. I sourced it from a friend in Canada. I tried Rock Auto power steering hose Sunsong #3401538 but that did not fit and I had to return it. The brass fitting on the steering box is what made the difference. My brass fitting is a 90 degree rather than the one that is straight up. Which brass fitting do you have?

steering box.JPG

On my 67 Charger Hemi the power steering hose that fit was a Edelman #70329. I sourced it from a friend in Canada. I tried Rock Auto power steering hose Sunsong #3401538 but that did not fit and I had to return it. The brass fitting on the steering box is what made the difference. My brass fitting is a 90 degree rather than the one that is straight up. Which brass fitting do you have?

View attachment 1286320
I have the 90 degree fitting on my 68 box. I drive my car and the hose vibrated thru the rubber hose. I would like to find original new or used. I have original 318 engine 1968 hose that I bent the end to work for now. also Moog made a replacement hose #864 which I recently got one. The hose is a perfect replacement hose on 1968 Hemi B body cars. Bob Horman

The Omega #864 hose is for 66/67 Hemi cars. In the 67 parts book the p/n is 2537802 section 19-58-0. The mymopar SM download doesn't show Hemi ps hose parts.

The Omega #864 hose is for 66/67 Hemi cars. In the 67 parts book the p/n is 2537802 section 19-58-0. The mymopar SM download doesn't show Hemi ps hose parts.
My Moog hose looks like your hose. I will post picture as soon as I get some batteries for my camera Bob Horman

Hi Fran, when I was looking for the correct hose for my 67 Hemi, you sent me the same photo of the Omega part #864, problem was I couldn't find one to buy. So I ended up buying the Sunsong #3401538 and it fit just fine, so that was my experience in finding a hose for my car. So my suggestion was based on my experience in finding a hose that fit my hemi car.

Hi Fran, when I was looking for the correct hose for my 67 Hemi, you sent me the same photo of the Omega part #864, problem was I couldn't find one to buy. So I ended up buying the Sunsong #3401538 and it fit just fine, so that was my experience in finding a hose for my car. So my suggestion was based on my experience in finding a hose that fit my hemi car.
Curious got a picture? Saw hose and pump on ebay awhile ago like $800. :eek: You probably posted a picture but.......

Last edited:
Curious got a picture? Saw hose and pump on Ebay awhile ago like $800. :eek: You probably posted a picture but.......
Here is a picture of my Repo hose sold thru Mopar dealers #864 Bob Horman Thanks for your caring trying to help me find original Mopar power steering hose. I have friend who has an original Mopar power steering hose for sale Price $1500.00. too rich for my blood.

Moog Power steering hose HEMI #864.JPG

"Friend", well if he thinks he can get it good luck. The way I look at parts is what percentage of my cars value. Another thing the cost of the part vs what it does to add value to the car. A $1500 hose, what does it add? A cynical way to look at it? This is the one I saw close but hose isn't right on pump end. not mine
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125268651887?hash=item1d2a97ef6f:g:~sEAAOSwjgphaCBJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back