• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Mopar service part 2585 020

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert horman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
WANTED Mopar service part 2585 020 dual point distributor. service pack contains correct spring for vacuum advance Bob Horman

Hello Raymond, Bob Horman her again. I talked to you at Carlisle this year. I am putting a new vacuum chamber on my 68 distributor and was missing correct spring in the vacuum chamber. You sent me a spring and vacuum end nut. I am not quite sure the spring is correct. spring doesn't quite match spring on my original Hemi distributor. This will be a spare 1968 Hemi distributor. If i use the spring you sent me , could I send you my distributor and you calibrate the distributor to make sure the distributor would be able to just put the distributor into my car and car would run and vacuum chamber would work perfectly. Do you do service on distributors? I have already repacked the contact plate bearing and installed new lead and points and condenser. All original Mopar parts. I might need you to check bronze bearing in the shaft and maybe replace the bearing. I just want a spare distributor in case I need it to keep my hemi charger running perfectly. Bob Horman

Sure Bob easy prob $25 to run it and adjust it. Have my card still?

Bob/Ray, That number does not include spring. That package is the nipple, gasket and washers. Generic for most Prestolite vacuum chambers.

8-27-306 PARTS PACKAGE, VACUUM CHAMBER . . Part No. 2585 020 Consists of: 1 - ---- --- Gasket 1 - ---- --- Plug 8 - ---- --- Washer

Bob/Ray, That number does not include spring. That package is the nipple, gasket and washers. Generic for most Prestolite vacuum chambers.

8-27-306 PARTS PACKAGE, VACUUM CHAMBER . . Part No. 2585 020 Consists of: 1 - ---- --- Gasket 1 - ---- --- Plug 8 - ---- --- Washer
First Dragon Slayer, thank you for you follow up to my wanting a service kit to fix my Hemi distributor. I am working with Ramond Brenner from Halifax shop to finish fixing my distributor. Again, I am so happy there are people who help others on this website. I try to help as much as I can on this website. Thanks much Bob Horman

Thanks G It did come with the spring it was not in a bag though. Came from AMS so I know it was real. HMMM Interesting came up right at spec checked out.

Bet he sent me what was superceded the spring and washer package! I will give Mike a call later. Dam George good catch.

Parts Search

Last edited:
Bet he sent me what was superceded the spring and washer package! I will give Mike a call later. Dam George good catch.

Parts Search
Raymond nice talking to you today. something happened to my phone, and we got disconnected. If you are done with my distributor, Send me a total of what I owe you and I will get money to you. I appreciate you and your service! Bob Hoeman

Have a e mail you can send me for a paypal invoice wont recognize it.

DSC00602 (1).JPG

November 1 2023.200 Pm. UPdate on my post a while back. I personally want to tell everyone who reads this post that I am indebted to "Classic Jack", "Dragon Slayer", "halifaxhops","kiwigtx", and "toolManMike" for all there help me finding the service part needed to fix my distributor. Raymond from Halifaxhops got part and now fixing distributor. Bob Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back