• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MoparFest 2023.

Dave6T4

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
MoparFest at New Hamburg, Ontario on Saturday, August 19 and Sunday, August 20. New Hamburg is in the area of Kitchener/Waterloo on Hwy. 7, and is easily accessible from Hwy. 401. This is the largest Mopar show and swap meet in eastern Canada, usually with over 1500 cars on display. 2 or 3 hour drive from Buffalo or Detroit. See you there!

MoparFest at New Hamburg, Ontario on Saturday, August 19 and Sunday, August 20. New Hamburg is in the area of Kitchener/Waterloo on Hwy. 7, and is easily accessible from Hwy. 401. This is the largest Mopar show and swap meet in eastern Canada, usually with over 1500 cars on display. 2 or 3 hour drive from Buffalo or Detroit. See you there!
Would like to attend this one day. Have a great show!!!

I'll be there both days with my Mopar buddies.
I'll be driving the 58 this year.
It belongs to my buddy who can no longer drive it.
20130818_064223.jpg

I am up at 6 a.m. to get ready to head out to MoparFest at New Hamburg, Ontario. Yaaawn! Since retiring, I kinda forgot that 6 o'clock came twice on the same day. I am the pale yellow 1967 R/T with blue YOM licence plates. If you are a FBBO member and see it there, drop around and say Hi. There will also be a bunch of my WOMO friends there. Weatherman says it is going to be a great day. I will try to get pictures, but I spend a lot of my time there cruising the swap meet. Dave

I will be up at 6am tomorrow heading up. I am changing the starter on the Charger today.

I won’t be there with my 68 Charger R/T.
You missed a great show. The weather was beautiful; about 75 degrees in the sun, with a slight breeze. There were about 1500 Mopars there, but the swap meet looked to have quite a few empty vendor spots. Still, I found some stuff I needed for my '64 Polara and another die cast (1/25 scale '71 Challenger in Ramchargers livery). I got to talk with a lot of Mopar friends I have not seen in a while. I took some pictures and will post later today.
The only downside was coming home on a tilt-and-load! My alternator through-bolt snapped off again. Last year it did this the weekend before MoparFest. That was after the car was on the road for 30 years. This time, it only lasted a year. I will have to figure out what is going on here. Maybe I should use Grade 5 bolt instead of Grade 8? I am going to check alignments.
I saw a car for sale there right up your alley, R.C. 1967 Hemi GTX for only $65,000Can. No powertrain, no trim, not much interior, crappy body and paint. You could likely throw another $100,000 at it, and still not be done.

More yet:
My friend, Reg, built his 1936 Dodge hot rod truck powered with Gen 3 Hemi, and then built his tilt-and-load to haul it to shows. Big truck is on a Kenworth chassis, with 1946 Dodge cab and front end. Hood and fenders had to be stretched and widened to clear the big turbo-diesel and Kenworth mechanicals. I called it a 1946 Big Horn, and he liked it. Notice the John Deere green on the car hauler. Reg is a cash cropper, and has a lot of green stuff on his farm.

P8190123.JPG

P8190124.JPG

P8190129.JPG

P8190131.JPG

P8190132.JPG

P8190096.JPG

P8190100.JPG

P8190107.JPG

P8190106.JPG

P8190105.JPG

Here's my gang on Saturday.
Moparfest 2023 (2).jpg
Moparfest 2023 (3).jpg

On Sunday - sadly the Christine car did not make it due to transmission issues.
The black Duster is my brothers and the green one belongs to my buddy.
Moparfest 2023 (1).jpg
Moparfest 2023 (5).jpg
Moparfest 2023 (6).jpg

They need someone new to organize the swap meet vendors and crack the whip. A 100% sellout of spaces but less than 50% filled is an issue. Those guys are part of the attraction and should have to show up. The solution is simple enough - a significant deposit up front - refundable after day one. Sure, the weather was crappy on Friday for setup but Saturday and Sunday were gorgeous.

looks like a good show , glad y’all had some decent weather it sure has been spotty!

Auto Transport Service
Back