• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motorcyclist dies during practice run at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb

RIP. I lived in Colorado Springs for ten years and well remember that race. I always thought guys that ran it were nuts.

It's even more scary with weather. It can sunny at the bottom, raining half way-up and snowing at the the top.

And it's paved now. Used to be gravel most of the way. I know a guy that has an AAR 'Cuda that set a record run four years ago. He lives in the Springs.

Aaron Kaufman from Fast & Loud is running in that race again, but I guess he's in his car again. They're filming it again so I guess we'll hear more about this when the show comes back on.

It's dangerous for sure, that's part of the lure, draw & mystique...
Sad for sure too, when anyone dies while racing, especially someone who's young...
39 is way too young to die, even if your doing something dangerous...

At-least he was doing what I assume was, "what he loved doing", when it happened...
still sucks

RIP

Auto Transport Service
Back