• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Move hood release to interior

wasco

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone changed their external hood release to interior? I’d leave the secondary release handle on the hood, but I’d like to remove the lever in the grille. Mainly, just to keep people from popping the hood quickly when it’s parked. I don’t want locking hood pins - still want to be able to pop the hood quickly if needed. This is on a ‘68. Just wondering if anyone else has done this. Thanks

Just need to locate a suitable cable and fab the mounting. I do not see it a being a hard job.

Go to a pick-a-part and scavenge a handle & cable that's long enough and put it in. It should be easy enough.
You must live around some rude people that want to get hurt? I would never touch someone else's car without
asking! Then when they shut the hood, they put the famous "Dent" in the top of the peak!

I have a latch from some 70s car that I have been thinking about putting on mine.

IMG_20230224_193215468.jpg

My '72 Satellite has interior release; you should be able to source something from a 71-74 if you want to keep era-correct(ish).

Auto Transport Service
Back