• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Belvedere

Have taken the dash out of the car…has anyone had experience with a dash cap? Who makes the best one?
Any help would be appreciated

also the dash around the gauges need work…I’m a rookie at this so I need some advise, pointers, how to’s, as to how to refurbish.

8CEECF05-054D-4E3C-BD78-05E329ADFFFE.jpeg 9BA937B4-432E-48F7-85BB-560A6BEF69EB.jpeg AB89EFC6-EC5B-41AA-9BD9-AD39500666CA.jpeg

Welcome from Alabama, you didn't have to remove the dash from the car to install a dash cap. It glues on. You have to make sure that all surfaces are smooth. It can require some grinding of the original pad. If the dash is out of the car, why not just unbolt the pad and send it out for restoration. It may cost a little more, but well worth it. Just my opinion.

Welcome from Alabama, you didn't have to remove the dash from the car to install a dash cap. It glues on. You have to make sure that all surfaces are smooth. It can require some grinding of the original pad. If the dash is out of the car, why not just unbolt the pad and send it out for restoration. It may cost a little more, but well worth it. Just my opinion.
Thanks Jerry…I had to take the dash out anyways to refurbish…the gauges and trim need work…

Thanks Jerry…I had to take the dash out anyways to refurbish…the gauges and trim need work…
Did you take the whole dash out or just the cluster. If the whole dash it's easy to remove the pad. If just the cluster, you will need to remove the glove box to get to all the nuts.

Auto Transport Service
Back