• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Dad's old truck

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
As you can see, Dad was (and, at 91, still is) a bit of a character. Dad owned a feed mill and grain elevator in Forest, Ontario. When he got a new tandem axle feed truck he decided on a custom message advertising its services. The photo was taken around 1984. That's dad's Ramcharger to the right. We took it to the Mopar Nationals in 1984 in Indy, and trailered Stan Giles' ("Stanton" on this forum - you know, the guy with no strong opinions) 1969 Roadrunner to it.

this truck sucks.jpg

Great signage, your dad must be a great guy
& a great sense of humor too

cool ol' Ramcharger too

Very cool, is it still around?

Long gone. Can't remember the year of the truck exactly, but around 1980 or so. Chev something with a 427 gas engine. I recall it costing $23,000 including the box and blower/suction unit. A bargain compared to the Mack dad bought in 1975 for $38,000. And those are Canadian dollar figures (so at the time that would have been roughly 15% less than a US dollar).

I know many that probably used the service in Forest and/or Arcona... the Minielly's and Vanos's to start with..

I had one of those Chevys,1975 though they all looked the same for many years.
Mine was a flatbed dump we used on the farm. Had a 366 big block GM used for heavy trucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back