• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Former GTX on eBay

68BabyBlue

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
My former '69 GTX hit the market again, after not selling at auction last month (bid to 81k, reserve not met.) Volo museum put it on eBay. Looks like current owner may be serious about selling, rather than testing the market. I used to visit Volo when I lived in the Chicago area. This car is nicer than what they often display. I have no connection to any of the players. If any of you are interested in the car, I can give you a detailed description of all strengths and warts. It appears to have traveled zero miles since I sold it in 2021. I put 3000 on it after I bought it in 2016, and it ran great, drove to Carlisle multiple years. Shame to see it wasted as a museum piece.
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2272.JPG

Last edited:
I did a huge project on Greg and his wife’s house (the owners of Volo) about 30 years ago. They were great people. I know the sons took it over eventually and one of them passed from Covid. One day Greg said, I want to sell you a car, in a joking way. I told him he didn’t have any 71 or 72 Road Runners or 70 Coronets, so it wasn’t likely. They got huge after that and I’d stop in every once in awhile to say hi.

I was in Chicago from 1993-2000, and used to frequent the museum on a regular basis. I'll always remember an awesome '57 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, with a 70K price tag, and something like 5000 original miles. Much of their stuff was way out of my league in an era when I was able to buy a nice Chrysler 300F for 20K.

I was in Chicago from 1993-2000, and used to frequent the museum on a regular basis. I'll always remember an awesome '57 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, with a 70K price tag, and something like 5000 original miles. Much of their stuff was way out of my league in an era when I was able to buy a nice Chrysler 300F for 20K.
That was huge money then. I wonder if the 57 Chevy convertible is still on the display in front. I haven’t been by in years.

That was huge money then. I wonder if the 57 Chevy convertible is still on the display in front. I haven’t been by in years.
If you're talking about the one on the corner of Rt. 120 & Volo Village Rd., yes, it's still there, I was just there last week.

Found the add......

1969 Plymouth GTX | eBay

hmmmm that would good with the demonstrator!
In 2019 I actually tried to trade it for the demonstrator, and the owner turned me down, even after I offered cash on top of the trade. After that, I figured he was never going to sell it, and I sold the A33 car to buy a Hemi. There was a time when I dreamed of owning the pair of red cars together, but my real estate situation was never compatible with that scenario. The A33 car was the one I wanted when I was 16, didn't want the power robbing accessories of the demonstrator. That sentiment shifted 180 degrees, as I've gotten old, and equipped my cars with hand controls.

Auto Transport Service
Back