• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name These Parts!!

TheGageinator

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
I have 4 parts on my dash and I would like to know what they are!! I just installed a HEI distributor and I want to know what I can get rid of.

thanks!

20140502_203451_zpstj66goh4.jpg

20140502_203456_zpsn0jbaogb.jpg

Voltage regulator, ballasr resistor, ignition module, and something else
I'd get rid of the something else.

don't know about your dash... :eusa_think:

but on your firewall... looks like the ECU, voltage regulator, ballast resistor, and whatever that relay is between the ecu and vr

I've seen the oddball before... I think we just played a game of "what is this" on it a month or so ago???

That something else looks like an nox selonoid. For California emissions

SeatBeltIL01.jpgI am guessing that is a 74 and the 4th item is the reset for the seat belt interlock.
Car won't start with out the belts fastened etc. Yeah, I would wire around that thing for sure.

Haha you got it its a 74 dodge charger. Makes perfect sense that the mystery part (steve) was the seatbelt thingy because when I stripped my interior, there were lots of wires going to the seat belts. They were all disconnected though, so maybe someone already bypassed it.... I'll get rid of the whole gang except the voltage regulator

Haha you got it its a 74 dodge charger. Makes perfect sense that the mystery part (steve) was the seatbelt thingy because when I stripped my interior, there were lots of wires going to the seat belts. They were all disconnected though, so maybe someone already bypassed it.... I'll get rid of the whole gang except the voltage regulator

Hard to believe one of those is still in place and operational-they were a disaster and eliminated quickly in every car that had one as I recall. Truly a must have for a restorer.

Auto Transport Service
Back