• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nashville/Oregon Intro

Boru101911

Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, not sure how active folks are on this forum nowadays, I have had the pleasure of taking care of a nice 1968 Charger, and just picked up a 1968 upper-lower-middle option Belvedere Satellite all original unrestored white on red on white no rust desert complete, everything works and is in killer shape car amazingly. Originally a 318 now with a 440, and 4:10 ish sure grip. Im rolling around the idea of just going for it and throwing in an SST 5-speed TKX package and a stout small block for the sleeper look, plenty of power, less weight, and it would look great with a red engine in the bay to match the interior. Kind of like the white Pure Vision Charger what if car, except instead of Nascar, it will be a "What if Plymouth lost their minds and sent a Satellite to race in Trans-Am?" What y'all think? Planning on a cut and buff to the paint, patina, and laying down some offset red and maybe gold or silver racing stripes on stock hood again like the pictured Nascar Charger, under clear. The paint is nicer than in photos, that was before I washed it, it is actually glossy and flat most places. Unfortunate front and rear bumper tweaks....will probably go 'glass anyways. Let me know what you guys think the perfect combo might be for this car! Thanks much.

Greetings from northern Michigan.

Ionno. I'm always split on restos. Original, unrestored, great shape I'd keep as is. Anything other than that trifecta I'd say anything goes that makes you happy to drive it.
And me no see no pics. Must've posted a pic of your white car in a snowstorm. And Charger pics are mandatory :poke:

Welcome and go for it. I can only handle so many numbers matching, date coded blah blah blah cars at a show. Just like part of the jingle for Burger King. "Have It Your Way"...

North
36701377555_0d44590ae4_b.jpg

What picture ?

:xscuseless:

Post some nice photos of those '68s to get the ball rolling . . .

Just like part of the jingle for Burger King. "Have It Your Way"...
My wife's motto was just the opposite when the kids complained about dinner (not often but it did happen).
"This ain't Burger King. You can't have it your way." :lol:

Greetings and welcome from NY! Sounds like you have some great ideas and a couple of rides that fit right in around here. I’m trying really hard to see them 68’s you got, but they’re really hard to see from my house.
Let’s see some pics! :lol:

Again, welcome aboard!

Welcome from Missouri!!!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

also make sure to check out the;
Resto-Mod & Pro-Touring Forum section here

Greetings from northern Michigan.

Ionno. I'm always split on restos. Original, unrestored, great shape I'd keep as is. Anything other than that trifecta I'd say anything goes that makes you happy to drive it.
And me no see no pics. Must've posted a pic of your white car in a snowstorm. And Charger pics are mandatory :poke:

Haha,Welp, I are’t smart with them ‘puters…but got them to attach to my reply!

83E0CD6C-0A85-4082-9277-D602A9038E3B.jpeg

E59BC065-1E4B-4F72-B016-012D8DD7FD44.jpeg

374F7389-E30C-432D-BD91-456129525BD1.jpeg

They are only original once. I'd put some wheels on that Satellite and leave the rest alone. I'm not sure whats going on with the '68 Charger. I only see that Nascar picture. They are worth alot more, if you don't chop them up.

Awesome car! Personally I would just make a few tweaks here and there in that condition. But nobody could blame you for making it how you'd enjoy it the most. And that's the whole point of owning something like that - ENJOY IT

Hi all, not sure how active folks are on this forum nowadays, I have had the pleasure of taking care of a nice 1968 Charger, and just picked up a 1968 upper-lower-middle option Belvedere Satellite all original unrestored white on red on white no rust desert complete, everything works and is in killer shape car amazingly. Originally a 318 now with a 440, and 4:10 ish sure grip. Im rolling around the idea of just going for it and throwing in an SST 5-speed TKX package and a stout small block for the sleeper look, plenty of power, less weight, and it would look great with a red engine in the bay to match the interior. Kind of like the white Pure Vision Charger what if car, except instead of Nascar, it will be a "What if Plymouth lost their minds and sent a Satellite to race in Trans-Am?" What y'all think? Planning on a cut and buff to the paint, patina, and laying down some offset red and maybe gold or silver racing stripes on stock hood again like the pictured Nascar Charger, under clear. The paint is nicer than in photos, that was before I washed it, it is actually glossy and flat most places. Unfortunate front and rear bumper tweaks....will probably go 'glass anyways. Let me know what you guys think the perfect combo might be for this car! Thanks much.

Post some nice photos of those '68s to get the ball rolling . . .
Oh yeah, I guess I meant the '68 Charger I HAD been the caretaker of....sadly had to sell, but also totally scored the white Jewel!

They are only original once. I'd put some wheels on that Satellite and leave the rest alone. I'm not sure whats going on with the '68 Charger. I only see that Nascar picture. They are worth alot more, if you don't chop them up.
Yeah sorry, I meant to say I used to have the Charger, no more however! And thank you all for the warm welcome. 440/727 for trade anybody? Haha

Ah yes! I really dig the offset racing stripes in red on white on that Nascar, matching my interior!

Auto Transport Service
Back