• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a photo of power steering hose on a 67 dodge charger hemi426

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
I have read on this forum that my 67 charger hemi with the power steering box shoukd have a 90° brass fitting , which I have. The new power steering hose that I have purchased also came with a male fitting that faces straight up. The hose does not fit onto the straight fitting nor does it fit onto my 90° fitting. So I'm hoping that somebody has a 426 hemi 67 charger with power steering that can take a picture of how their hose is attached to their steering box. Thank you

1D29016C-6D57-4953-85E7-53BF8931EDD1.jpeg

You have a lot of problems with tube bend issues. :D I thought of you today while changing the twin gas filters on my 66 Hemi and decided I should straighten out the pipes off of the distribution block a little for better alignment.

But no ps on mine and that’s a pretty tight bend right at the end so I can’t help. Maybe someone will have an answer. A hydraulic hose & tubing shop can probably open up the bend a little if no one else has an answer.

Thought I posted one before. Its a 66 but the only differe
PS HOSE.jpg
nce is the return hose.

If you could bend the the tube so its going at 45* just after the nut. It would need to be all the way on the flare. You might need to be able to slide back from flare 1/4" after rebend to get it on PS fitting.

If you could bend the the tube so its going at 45* just after the nut. It would need to be all the way on the flare. You might need to be able to slide back from flare 1/4" after rebend to get it on PS fitting.

I agree with you Fran. I will try to find the Omega part #864. Thanks again.

You have a lot of problems with tube bend issues. :D I thought of you today while changing the twin gas filters on my 66 Hemi and decided I should straighten out the pipes off of the distribution block a little for better alignment.

But no ps on mine and that’s a pretty tight bend right at the end so I can’t help. Maybe someone will have an answer. A hydraulic hose & tubing shop can probably open up the bend a little if no one else has an answer.

I see that Fran has responded with a correct part number and brand. I will go to my local hydraulic shop and see if he can open up the bend for me. You remembered my issues with my fuel line bends. I ended up bending them myself with a tube bender tool to make them work. On Saturday I removed my oil pump gear and pre-oiled the engine. Hopefully I have time to install the starter this weekend and thi k about starting it up. Take care.

Some pictures on car. Its the same Omni hose.
IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG

My car was converted to power steering during the resto.
But he used a Saginaw pump and I have no idea what the application is for the pressure hose.

Might be something I need to look in to and put one on the shelf for that someday might need it fix

Update on my power steering hose serach. I couldn't find the Omega #864 and I looked at Rock Auto parts and they had 3 choices: Edelman 70329(out of stock), Sunsong 3401538( the one I have) and Gates 352700, which looks like the Edelman.
I found the Edelman 70329 from my new best freind Nick Panaritis from You Tube Nicks Garage in Canada. His brother has a auto parts store and he had the Edelman 70329, which fit onto my pump but more impotantly onto my 90 degree brass fitting on my steering box, see attached photos. Case closed. Thank you Nick.

Edelman steering hose 70329.jpg Edelman hose with correct bend for 90 dgeree fitting.JPG Edelman hose label.JPG Edelman hose #70329 onto pump.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back