• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice and also a warning.

Not kicking anyone ,just stating the truth, buy a car with no title and trusting a stranger, you get what you get, sometimes good sometimes bad.

Well, you think/hope that people are honest. Remember I hired him to also do work on the car, the reason I didn't take the car with me. He also had a woman who was his business partner that handled his paperwork, made it look even more legitimate. I wasn't the first to get duped by his lies and smooth talk. More experienced guys also got caught up in his crap and are still without their cars and no money back, more than three years after they "purchased" from him. Most guys you hire are strangers correct? So, whatever Yella.....I'm sure you are the most pleasant of people to deal with. In any case I have the car with a clear title, got all the money back that I was owed and I'm still getting parts periodically.

Well, I must say that I’m a little shocked, and very happy to hear that at least you got the car. Is it painted, and did he install the front suspension stuff you sent to him, or did you at least get that back too?

Thanks it was not without stress but I did get the car. In the end, the car is extremely solid, no rust. I did get my suspension back not installed. No big deal. However, one other thing he did that I wasn't happy about, he insisted that he'd install my UScartool stiffening kit for free. I told him not to that I just wanted the car back and the parts. He did it anyway, and it's more of a mess than an installation. Cold welds, splattery welds, shoddy work at best. I'll have to cut them all loose and redo everything and clean up the mess he left me with.

Just curious, which VIN did you end up with?
I ended up with the car that had the second VIN he gave me. I checked all of the body numbers and they match. Really I don't care which VIN I get, as long as it's a legal VIN and matches the title. After looking the car over and comparing all of my pictures, I'm convinced they actually did make a mistake and gave me the incorrect VIN originally on the BOS. This is the car I looked at and purchased. I looked under the inside of the cowl to see if the numbers had been patched in and no sign of welding or anything. Looks as legit as any other car I have.

Auto Transport Service
Back