• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help passenger side mirror

72duster72

Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
need help can any body tell me where the first hole goes to install the mirror on passenger side. unfortunately my door has some holes. i expect for after market mirror so i will be picking close to correct measurement thanks.it is for a 69 road runner

The recent availability of repro mirrors ($99) has made lots of A-, B, and C grade OEM mirrors available at swap meets.

I've bought a few B+ grade pass side 67-70 mirrors for $5-$15 each in the past year.

There's a template in one of the factory service manuals.

Is your driver's side mirror OEM? I'd just measure that and copy it on the other side.

WAIT! I made that mistake. If you put the passenger's side mirror in the same spot as the driver's side mirror, the vent window post will be in the way unless you're REALLY short! Sit in the driver's seat and make sure you can see the mirror before you drill.

thats the problem already have some holes but i am tring to get right placement to see what hole is closes

I'm 6'3 and my head almost rubs the headliner.

I can see mine just fine, but mine's a 66 and they are actually farther forward than 68-70.

Auto Transport Service
Back